How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
I'm getting bored of my 2017 ST-3. Time to have a think about what to repalce it with.

I had originally planned to sell it before the extended warranty expires at the end of January 2022 and I think I'll end up doing that.

Associate
I suppose whatever car I buy it's going to be subject to inflation at the moment unfortunately! Will have to look over their prices historically to see whether they've increased much!

Soldato
How is the mk4 ST compared to the mk3.5? The mk4 looks ace.

I think its a great improvement. I wasn't sure on the new shape at first as its not as aggressive looking but its certainly more comfortable with a better ride.
Those extra 30 odd horses can certainly be felt and country road blast is even more fun as the steering is firmed up.

Soldato
At the risk of getting shunned. I am a Focus ST owner.

Only 2l, four-pot and N/A.

I have a 2003 ST170 in Panther Black.

Please ignore the Mountune badge. It's now off the car (was on when I bought it)

JljSL5w.jpg
bVsZPUr.jpg

It's not big power like everyone else's but the handling is something else.

Associate

I’ve got my eye on the black ST badges off one of these

Owned 2 ST170’s in the past. First on an 02 plate was one of the early ones and had fair number of issues, later 53 plate in Imperial blue was much better. Even snagged an RS top grille for it. Handling was brilliant, just bit of a letdown how much you had to work the engine and the gear ratios didn’t help tbh

Associate
They are a deep red, not black.
But you can get them elsewhere I believe in any of the mk4 colours. Black is popular with the Orange Fury crowd.

Nothing new if I’m behind the ball with those - I’ve repainted the ST badges black on mine with red inlays and the front one is looking a bit tatty so thought the latest mk4 ones would save me the job of repainting etc.

Associate
How is the mk4 ST compared to the mk3.5? The mk4 looks ace.

There does seem to be a distinct lack of following for these cars on OCUK :D I've had mine for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It's my first hot hatch after years of large saloons/hatchbacks and it's a breath of fresh air.

From what the prices seem to be doing on Autotrader, I think I paid a pretty good price.

Other than Ford's inability to still build a rattle free interior, I'm really pleased with it.

I'd say the Mk3.5 seats feel a bit more premium than those in the Mk4, however not having to deal with disadvantages of full leather on the main area you sit has been much better at both ends of the temperature scale.

They've managed to engineer out the heavy front end feeling I felt the Mk3.5 had. It doesn't quite have the pivoting around a pole the Fiesta ST has, but it feels much more balanced and less nose heavy. The adaptive dampers give it quite a road hugging feel, but it's also nice having the jekyll and hyde ability to the car, which is why I switched from the Fiesta ST, I couldn't quite ever turn the car off enough to chill out on the commute home when I wasn't in the mood.

The e-diff is probably the biggest difference, much more manageable and controlled power delivery.

The 2.3 lump is a nice engine too, it's got the same sort of lazy almost diesel drivability of the 2.0 which I missed when I had the Fiesta in between. It's just a longer stroke of the 2.0 so it's bound to be similar, but the twin scroll turbo has definitely improved the response and it's noticeably "ready" quicker after gear changes. Much smoother than the 3 pot Fiesta ST, although that does also mean the sound isn't as good, but the Mk4 is better sounding from the factory than the Mk3.5 imo, I had a mountune exhaust on my MK3.5, but don't feel the same need on the Mk4.... yet anyway :D

Soldato
I've done it, ST Edition ordered. Got a great prices for mine so the monthlies are lower than they are now.
Should be with me in about 3 weeks or so.
Wonder how many people I can trigger with the wheels?

Associate
That will make 2 of us at least with them. I’m still getting conflicting info on if it’s limited in numbers or not. Dealer sold mine to me as a 1/300 car which peaked my interest. Media is reporting it may not be. If it’s not then I’m less interested so going to ring them next week. If it’s not limited I may switch and just get another Fiesta ST, save some money and rely on the wife’s car for golfing.

Soldato
I've been seeing 300 for the UK and 200 for the rest of the EU.
Nothing for anywhere else (don't think they even had the mk4 in the US)
Parity with the Fiesta world make sense (600) but I guess thats dependant on production.

Associate
Friend of mine has sent a screenshot of an internal Ford document briefing dealers it’s 300 for UK. Guess I’ll carry in for now then. Still waiting on a date and pics of the car from dealer. It was in Dagenham last week having cleared the channel. Should be ready for early 71 plate.

Associate
Got my ST Edition yesterday (Monday) and done a total of 12 miles so far. Dealer dropped it off to me at home. Really so like the colour combo. Will post some pics later on.

Associate
Pics of 2021 ST Edition. Had first drive to work today and still getting used to it. Very different car to a Fiesta ST in every way!

y4m-Bm8rULxyUXF9cOk0KtVgSTWyCrkULnl6B6CzKWnj1masDllWqARnBhuaok7l6kE4TJ9jFP_hoYgcW2KB9VHru_jMqBB3jtwqaGZSk52KIZx-7dYsfGOrYCcQdPkcFWHjP1yChMhdDKvA-fAvGVqH4BPQiPXF4fyvLFZ6ok2AKHZhjjAWkqnPI2kIWJWOQjK

y4mQ30mNvTnCgadWM88pMzWw6G0MbpT8-9cAbSWqBPrE_OT70Xxj2X3kyEBIlnYvL9LEtzS3n7VwoTtOcM_S6MldTTzq26n0ZY-wqZBEXQK8G3FuPQeYQ0KfIE309i_h6YBvVBYbu_gn4sS7QdEYH0dKJQmEoca-Oe1PaPrhLS0MREtjhi2UiBOMDNnmurJoCBB

Soldato
Picked my ST Edition up yesterday but been so busy with work that I've only done 1 mile it.
It wasn't a very interesting mile either as I was stuck behind a Duster.

Got some visual changes planned but they will wait until after Christmas I think;
Remove all the red accents and replace with a blue equivalent.
Get the calipers painted to match.
Splitter & diffuser, maybe a spoiler extension.
Exhaust tips
Induction kit upgrade possibly.

Will order the rimblades next week but can't decide between black or blue. Blue would reduce the amount of black but black would blend in.

Back
Top Bottom