Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I've read a lot of reviewers describing the GW4 as "the best Android smartwatch", but few seem willing to perform an in-depth comparison with the Apple Watch. Is there anyone who has possessed both watch types and who has observations on if the GW4 is as good for Android users as the Apple Watch is for iPhone users?

Associate
A workaround for the no Gmail vibrate & sound -

If you download Outlook App on to your Phone & Watch 4 & then put your Gmail account in to outlook app & set it it up, you get notifications on your watch, Vibrate & sound when you get a Gmail.

It's not ideal but until it's fixed for Gmail, it's a way of getting notified on the W4.

Permabanned
Any one help please
Got the samsung 4 cassic 4g watch trying to get it on the o2 network
i have the esim scanned that in all active
but will not work been on the phone to them for over 2 hours and still no good

Soldato
Any one help please

Someone earlier in here was having same problem you have to wait till 27th for it to go on 02's systems

Soldato
Just received the Spotify app update with offline download/playback, however I can't for the life of me see a shuffle option for the UI? Does anyone know if you can shuffle play? I have a Premium Spotify subscription.

Soldato
Any one help please
@mark35
I have the same issue. I asked their twitter guys who hadn't a clue. I popped to q store over the weekend and after they checked on my account it appears that due to the original release being the 27th. They have the billing and esim set to activate on that date. The product was greyed out on their system so they couldn't change it.

So give it till Friday. If the esim and data plan still haven't activated by then I'd contact them. But till then nothing will enable it.
Just occasionally check your my O2 account and once the new number and watch show up then restart the watch and you should be up and running.

Associate
Looks like a chat with Samsung customer support is on the cards. No matter what I do, i can't get a full day outta the watch, factory reset, night time mode, no additional faces or apps. Battery info tells me there are only 4 things using the battery, Samsung health @1.2%, One UI Watch Home @1.2%, google play store @0.6% and watch faces @0.2% and here I am with 15% overall after 11 hours. No impressed at all. @(

Soldato
Looks like a chat with Samsung customer support is on the cards. No matter what I do, i can't get a full day outta the watch, factory reset, night time mode, no additional faces or apps. Battery info tells me there are only 4 things using the battery, Samsung health @1.2%, One UI Watch Home @1.2%, google play store @0.6% and watch faces @0.2% and here I am with 15% overall after 11 hours. No impressed at all. @(

Something is definitely not right my usage is slightly higher than yours and I'm at 48% with 1D1HR usage remaining after charging yesterday at 11am

Soldato
Is anyone aware of a real life battery comparison between the smaller and larger watches? The 40mm would probably fit my wrist better, but if the battery is going to run flat in less than a day with everything turned on, I'll go for the larger model. I don't mind charging every night.

Back
Top Bottom