Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
OP
@tuftyfella You might not play the game any more but since you started the thread, maybe quote this post and put it in your OP, for easier access if anyone looking for some quality of life mods for the game ? Just a suggestion though, so feel free to ignore it if you want ! :cool: :p

sorted. :D

ive been taking a break and catching up with a bunch of other games recently, have plenty of unfinished characters so will be jumping back in at some point, or might just delete all saves and restart, havent decided yet. i still also just play vanilla, never been all that fussed about mods tbh, although i might try the diablo mod one day :)

Last edited:
Soldato
sorted. :D

ive been taking a break and catching up with a bunch of other games recently, have plenty of unfinished characters so will be jumping back in at some point, or might just delete all saves and restart, havent decided yet. i still also just play vanilla, never been all that fussed about mods tbh, although i might try the diablo mod one day :)
Thanks, that's appreciated. :)

Depending on how long you had your break, there been new areas added to the game some months ago and new NCP's, Old Boris in the Pit has got a friend as an example. :p

Soldato
Don't know how many of those backpacks that is laying around in Grim Dawn that I clicked on and got mostly Yellow, and some Green items.. then this time I get a *ding* (from Grim Internals when you get certain drops) and whoa, there is a Legendary Item popping out from the backpack ! Talk about a nice surprise ! :p (If anyone wondering exactly where that one is it is outside the Spined Cove entrance, second act not far from where the first rover camp is located.)

Tc5QwVv.jpg

Soldato
I've started playing this too, got 4 chars into the teens and my main a shaman to lvl 35, really enjoying it.

The items are a problem though, so many +'s on stuff, I tried rainbow loot but that just made everything rainbow coloured and was no help, I probably need to configure it somehow I guess :/

Soldato
Thanks, I'm colourblind so it's always a bit of a struggle if similar colours are used for things lol
Here is the link for the Grim Internals over at Crate Entertainment Forum, the dev's own forum. If you click on the Q&A it will take you further into the long thread and scrolling down that post you find some extra information if you want a Loot Beam (as in my picture further up) for not only the Purple Items (most rare) and the [DR], which are on by default if I remember right. You can also get them for Blue Items if you wish.

On a side note, all the [MI+], [MI++] and [DR] are green items but they are much better then any other green due to all the extra benefits they giving. Some of them even better then some of the blue items.

Soldato
I have been playing this for a while now and am now playing around in hardcore. I stream every Wednesday night with any progression, plus some odd streams where I set myself challenges.

I made some guides on my channel that may, or may not, be of use to you if you're new to the game. I am doing a video on gear in the near future too.

Soldato
Thanks, I'm colourblind so it's always a bit of a struggle if similar colours are used for things lol
Here is the link for the Grim Internals over at Crate Entertainment Forum, the dev's own forum. If you click on the Q&A it will take you further into the long thread and scrolling down that post you find some extra information if you want a Loot Beam (as in my picture further up) for not only the Purple Items (most rare) and the [DR], which are on by default if I remember right. You can also get them for Blue Items if you wish.

On a side note, all the [MI+], [MI++] and [DR] are green items but they are much better then any other green due to all the extra benefits they giving. Some of them even better then some of the blue items.
Here is a screeny I took of the different beams that shows some of them, which are by default.

YCvBP2v.jpg

Soldato
I've got it, got beams on, not seen any yet though
Around level 35 you wont see any purples though, they start dropping closer to level 50. The rare green though you might seen soon, just open any chests, click on rocks and bodies and kill everything and you soon see one. I got them from all kind of places, not just bosses, although they are most likely to drop one.

Soldato
Currently trying Titan Quest and enjoying that, I've owned Grim Dawn for ages but never really given it a fair shake. I think I'll do so next. I play with a controller via the TV and this game looks to have fair implementation now. I don't expect it to be as good as a mouse but it sounds more that reasonable for playing a basic build with.

What about DLC? do they add to the main game or seperate?

If I finish the base game, can I then take that character into the DLC if I decide to buy it later?

Associate
OP
Currently trying Titan Quest and enjoying that, I've owned Grim Dawn for ages but never really given it a fair shake. I think I'll do so next. I play with a controller via the TV and this game looks to have fair implementation now. I don't expect it to be as good as a mouse but it sounds more that reasonable for playing a basic build with.

What about DLC? do they add to the main game or seperate?

If I finish the base game, can I then take that character into the DLC if I decide to buy it later?

Ashes of Malmouth which carries on straight after the main campaign.

Forgotten Gods which can be entered through a portal in Devil's Crossing any time after killing Warden Krieg.

you do however need AoM to play FG and yes, which ever difficulty your character is on you just carry on playing into the DLC's. :)

Soldato
Ashes of Malmouth which carries on straight after the main campaign.

Forgotten Gods which can be entered through a portal in Devil's Crossing any time after killing Warden Krieg.

you do however need AoM to play FG and yes, which ever difficulty your character is on you just carry on playing into the DLC's. :)

Funnily enough, it's all on sale now until the 6th.

I reached level 8, I'm playing Normal(Veteran) at the moment but may drop it down if it becomes frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom