Budget (£300-ish) laptop recommendations.

Associate
Hello,

I have used chromebooks over the last few years, as they have suited my needs. However, I am about to start a new job where a windows laptop is mandatory.

The laptop won't have to be running anything really taxing. The minimum spec need is windows 10 and 4 gig of ram. So, again nothing special.

I just need something that will last, have a decent sized screen and wont cost a fortune. Hopefully I can get away with spending £300-ish (could go a bit more, if there is something worth the money).

Would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice.

Thanks

Soldato
acer aspire 3 look ok but im having a very hard time finding any laptops for 300 and many seem to have windows 10 "S" which i dont like the sound of myself.

Associate
OP
acer aspire 3 look ok but im having a very hard time finding any laptops for 300 and many seem to have windows 10 "S" which i dont like the sound of myself.
Thanks for the reply,

Yes i had seen a few laptops ran windows 10 S.... But I couldn't really work out how it was different from standard windows 10?

I might be able to stretch a bit further to £400, if there really isn't anything out there.

Thanks again.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply,

Yes i had seen a few laptops ran windows 10 S.... But I couldn't really work out how it was different from standard windows 10?

I might be able to stretch a bit further to £400, if there really isn't anything out there.

Thanks again.

400 would give a lot more options, loads of laptops about between 350 and 400

Associate
Thanks for the reply,

Thanks again.
Windows 10 S mode can only install programs from the Windows store, S mode can be disabled and it becomes normal Windows 10 home.

Caporegime
I was going to go for one of the more expensive ones but now I'm also looking for something along similar lines. Mine will be required to run some light/moderate design workloads, so maybe ~500 - 750, e.g. 6 core CPU/8 - 16GB memory. I hear quite good things about some of the Acer units.

Out of interest, is it really worth paying for an extra warranty?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom