Best GPU Waterblock tutorial?

Associate
Morning all, can anyone recommmend a good GPU waterblock installation video tutorial? Quite a few on the net obviously, but then a lot of them have a series of negative comments. Any rock solid good ones? Cheers :)

Man of Honour
Most if not all waterblocks will come with instructions clearly showing where to put thermal pads etc, you don't need a video guide. If you can fit a cpu heatsink then you can fit a gpu block, it's really not hard to do. My Bykski RTX 3070 block came with the instructions for a cpu block but I downloaded the actual instructions from their website and while they weren't very good the images clearly show what needs to go where and it took me less than 15 minutes to remove the stock cooler and fit the block.

Associate
tbh watch a few of them, some videos skim over certain points as they assume the viewers already have experience in dismantling gpus. Look for a video that is specific for the card you are using.

Associate
Associate
Make sure you test the card thoroughly before you take the cooler off. This means testing it with any riser cables you may plan to be using and of course in the mobo for the build.

Associate
Some have found it easier to remove the original heatsink if the card has been run at high load immediately before as the pastes will be softer.
I did this and it makes it so much easier, in the videos I linked the guy has a bit of a struggle separating the PCB from the cooler, I ran the Heaven benchmark for 30 minutes and the backplate and cooler came off so easy, no rocking it back and forth to separate them.

Back
Top Bottom