*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
How are you enjoying your set up @ChrisD.? I recall you saying you moved from a. 5.1 seperate system to sonos. Do you find yourself missing the seperates? I'm going to be making a tv/av unit whilst renovating my house and potentially make a thread asking a couple questions (I'm considering a single soundbar vs my seperates system).

Do you have the arc + rears + sub? I could put in a couple play 1s as rears if they work with the newer system?

I have a yamaha ysp2700 soundbar which was high end a couple years ago and to be fair does sound quite good.

I have 4x old style play 1s used for stereo music but not sure I enjoy the sonos network overall (sometimes doesn't want spotify to connect, pain to reconnect using ethernet etc)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Do you find yourself missing the seperates?
Not really if I'm honest. The Sonos setup I have with the Arc, sub and older Play 1's sounds really, really good and is far more athletically pleasing. Sure, the separates sound better but to be honest not ££££ better which is what I've ended up saving. My only gripe is that sometimes the sounds drops out from the TV and it needs a bit of playing around with in order to get the right format, but apart from that I don't really have any regrets. I still have my floor standers, amp, CD player and turntable in the kitchen for my hifi itch.

Soldato
Not really if I'm honest. The Sonos setup I have with the Arc, sub and older Play 1's sounds really, really good and is far more athletically pleasing. Sure, the separates sound better but to be honest not ££££ better which is what I've ended up saving. My only gripe is that sometimes the sounds drops out from the TV and it needs a bit of playing around with in order to get the right format, but apart from that I don't really have any regrets. I still have my floor standers, amp, CD player and turntable in the kitchen for my hifi itch.

Cool, thanks! Yeah I'm trying to take a view on my setup(s). I'm fortunate to have 2 living rooms in the new place with Tvs so not sure what to do..

Man of Honour
I tried a factory reset and it made no difference. I've given up TBH.
Morning mate, I decided to get onto Sonos support and they asked me if I have Apple HomeKit set up. I do, but I don't use it. They said that and other HomeKit type stuff is likely to interfere.

Soldato
I’ve been waiting to see if a move turns up on the outlet store as purchasing through that will allow me to use my nhs discount and really drive the price down. Only issue is that they never seem to be on there at all. I know the one SL’s go on about every 4 months or so and work out at £109 each but I’ve yet to see a move appear.

Associate
I’m looking to buy beam soundbar but I’m planning to put my tv and the soundbar inside the wall. I’m wonder if this will be an issue. Are all speakers at the front ?

Soldato
Screen-Shot-2018-07-17-at-19-17-26.png

Has 8 in total. Has two side ones. Going off picture looks like one rear too.

Associate
Anyone noticed Sonos availability and prices in the last week?

It would seem that they are now also being hit by the global issues. No Black Arcs available and white have just gone up 50 to 100 pounds over the weekend.

No White Sonos Ones, and SL prices are again, through the roof, just as I am buying :(...

Associate
See post above , due to supply issues prices have gone up on most products.

if you’re in the market for a beam it might be good you waited as they have just announced a gen 2 beam with atoms support

Soldato
Yeah Beam ver 2 out next month. Has Atmos support but might drop the price of the ver 1 if not bothered about Atmos.

Also seems:

"Sonos says it will roll out support for DTS surround later this year for all soundbars that are on its S2 platform"

Doesn't look it will be dts:X though just standard dts but better than nothing I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom