Break checked and crashed

Associate
Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion on this one, I was break checked while exiting the M1, I lost control and crashed into the barrier.

The Audi sped up along side you forcing you back onto the road and I panicked as other vehicles were coming fast.

I was wondering if the insurance see this video would they say I'm at fault and not pay the repair? Or they will say I am not at fault and deal with the Audi insurance to pay the repair?

No other vehicles were involved.

Appreciate your opinion, video below

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you flash your lights at him? anything else happened before between you too.

I'm not sure on that one as it's obvious there was nothing in front of him and was braking hard for some reason other than traffic. Best you can do is see what the insurers say but it's likely going to be you to blame as the other person didn't contact you.

What's the reg, I can't make it out

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think they did it on purpose. Just bad driving tbh. You should have been far enough away to react.

Not sure what you were trying to do here though, go round in front of them?

Last edited:
Soldato
if you had a rear facing camera that would show if he rejoined carriageway, and the braking was because they changed their mind about taking the exit ,
which might be damming for them.

Soldato
Well if he\she did break check you it worked because it did indeed break your car, not sure if they did brake check you but you are 100% at fault and driving like the end of a bell, IMO you should submit that dashcam footage to the police so they could charge you with driving without due care and attention.

Soldato
The audi driver looks as though he can't decide whether or not he wants to exit so is buying time for himself by breaking. Hardly great driving, but equally not uncommon if we're honest.

There's only one reason this crash happened and that's because you tried to go around him and get back across in time for the exit. If you had just left it as a near miss and carried on, it wouldn't have happened.

Back
Top Bottom