Break checked and crashed

Associate
That definitely doesn't look like just your headlights on when you came up behind them, looks like you had your high beam on. Probably blinding them so they slowed down.

Agree with everyone else though, 100% your fault, terrible driving.

Caporegime
Yeh absolutely comedy driving. The only reason the car braked is cause you main beamed him.

No idea what on Earth was going through OP mind. Unless he was texting or something

Soldato
Why on earth did you go from being a safe distance to flashing him and trying to go round him? Both terrible driving and could have been avoided. I would go as far to say you were not brake checked, you lost control trying to overtake where there was only room for one car.

Soldato
I wouldn't even send that video. Could get done for driving without due care and attention. Why even try and make that exit is beyond me.

I'd agree with this actually.

That's pretty bad driving OP, you actually had a reasonable amount of space in front once you had moved to the 1st lane. So the question begs when the car in front started braking, why weren't you doing the same.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Played back at 0.25 speed you even had your main beams on before he braked!

If I was an insurer looking at that I might form the opinion that you crashed on purpose.

Associate
Even if you was brake checked why try and barge your way past onto the narrow slip road? At 14 seconds the Audi is on the slip road and the OP is in lane 1. Could have easily carried on in lane 1 and avoided an accident.

Soldato
ignore this lot, send that to the insurance you definitely got brake checked, audi's insurance will defo cough up.

think the police are trying to clamp down on that sort of thing, might want to send the vid to them too.

Man of Honour
gotta say I was trying to reserve judgement and read the comments before watching. I thought perhaps people were being harsh but honestly you had so many options and just fluffed it completely. The dude was indicating before you even moved behind so you knew he was exiting. Then the flashing plus the decision to go around and finally even after the decision to overtake you had enough room to slip in and chop off speed but for whatever reason bailed on an already dangerous overtake at the final minute to hit the barrier. I know in the moment these things happen fast but honestly this is probably dangerous driving on your part amongst a flurry of poor decisions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This has got to be a wind up.

I see some crap driving on a daily basis, but wow that’s up there with the best of the worst.

You weren’t brake checked, you were driving like a moron.

Send the video to your insurance company and be sure to let us know the - justified - premium hike.

Soldato
Imagine being in the Audi…..you’re trying to work out if this is your exit. You hesitantly move towards. Some throbbers comes up behind you and flashes their headlights at you.
Thinking you’ve done summat wrong you brake. Only to see the person behind you have a proper spazzer and sail on past you and into a concrete bollard.
You’re gonna be taking that exit wondering what the **** just happened. I’d have been looking for Jeremy Beadle!

Back
Top Bottom