LG 27GP850-B

Caporegime
Well, it's no longer worth buying from the EU, now. Over the last couple weeks, prices have gone from €429 to €449 to €474 and €499.

Waited this long for UK stock, might as well keep waiting. EU prices going up and up and up. Guess LG just aren't making them in great numbers, or all the stock is headed to the US/Asian markets.

Soldato
Not really, different proposition really and I can't get on with the MSI widescreen. It's the secondary PC anyway (have the 48CX on the main one).

I'm old also, so less eye strain :D

Have a 48CX also but still love my Dell ultra wide :D i guess a 32" would help the old eyes a little :)

Caporegime
still no sign of this in uk, got 2 sat here and still want a 3rd!, no way paying what the are up at now.
I'm starting to doubt if it's coming to the UK, this model. No sign of it at all.

Sold out in Europe, in stock in the US (as always). The US is getting enough for it to be in stock 24/7, the EU is getting sporadic stock, the UK getting nada. If we get it at all I wouldn't be surprised if it's not until 2022 or something daft.

Soldato
How are you getting on with the monitor ?

Thanks

Arrived and set up yesterday. It's got a great IQ, no dead pixels and is very smooth in games. I would say it's a bargain. It's no OLED but who wants 2 of them side by side :D I would say best monitor I have had since the original ROG Swift back in the day (that must have been 5-6 years ago). I suppose as it's not 4k there is a lowish PPI on a 32" screen but that's of no bother to me. For the £450 I paid well worth it.

Only one less than perfect thing for me is the stand depth which I appreciate is there for support but it's probably an inch deeper than the 34" curved I replaced with it (MSI Pptix mag341cq which was far too washed out and flickery for me).

Anything specific you would like to know please just ask.

Associate
Arrived and set up yesterday. It's got a great IQ, no dead pixels and is very smooth in games. I would say it's a bargain. It's no OLED but who wants 2 of them side by side :D I would say best monitor I have had since the original ROG Swift back in the day (that must have been 5-6 years ago). I suppose as it's not 4k there is a lowish PPI on a 32" screen but that's of no bother to me. For the £450 I paid well worth it.

Only one less than perfect thing for me is the stand depth which I appreciate is there for support but it's probably an inch deeper than the 34" curved I replaced with it (MSI Pptix mag341cq which was far too washed out and flickery for me).

Anything specific you would like to know please just ask.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like a very good monitor for the price, tempted myself to buy one of these, did consider the Lg48" c1, but i think that would be a bit too big on my desk :D

As for the stand, they are quite big these days, i did have a predator x34 a few years back, and the stand was well way to big, ended up wall mounting it in the end.

Did you have to alter many settings out of the box ?

Thanks again.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, sounds like a very good monitor for the price, tempted myself to buy one of these, did consider the Lg48" c1, but i think that would be a bit too big on my desk :D

As for the stand, they are quite big these days, i did have a predator x34 a few years back, and the stand was well way to big, ended up wall mounting it in the end.

Did you have to alter many settings out of the box ?

Thanks again.

That is the OLED I have on my main PC - and it's much better but much bigger as you say - I need a 90x90 desk to use it comfortably! I had to fiddle with some settings and did the usual research and got it looking better than stock in about 5 mins. I think I nudged up red 5 points, green and blue down 5 points, changed the gamut and that was it.

Soldato
I too came from a 34"(Dell 3415W) to the 32" GP850.
At first i felt like i was missing something and had to raise my eyes to see the top of the GP850 :)
To tell you the truth I am mi missing the build quality of Dell monitor. Bu the LG is in superb condition and no/minimal IPS glow compared to the Dell(which has in in the 4 corners).
I do feel the experience is smoother with movement in work and games.
Have mine on a monitor arm to the base is still in packing.

Associate
That is the OLED I have on my main PC - and it's much better but much bigger as you say - I need a 90x90 desk to use it comfortably! I had to fiddle with some settings and did the usual research and got it looking better than stock in about 5 mins. I think I nudged up red 5 points, green and blue down 5 points, changed the gamut and that was it.

Ah brilliant, many thanks for that, may take a punt on this then.

I too came from a 34"(Dell 3415W) to the 32" GP850.
At first i felt like i was missing something and had to raise my eyes to see the top of the GP850 :)
To tell you the truth I am mi missing the build quality of Dell monitor. Bu the LG is in superb condition and no/minimal IPS glow compared to the Dell(which has in in the 4 corners).
I do feel the experience is smoother with movement in work and games.
Have mine on a monitor arm to the base is still in packing.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like another good display form Lg then, so tempted now...
As for the base, if i did pull the trigger, will wall mount it if i can.

Thanks

Caporegime
Still no sign of this in the UK, but in the US they've put the prices up.

If - if - and when (if) this monitor ever arrives on our shores, chances are it'll be a £500 display. I wonder if they're trying to get rid of the GL models, which appear to be in stock everywhere (for <£300).

I emailed LG again, but unlike my first email a couple months back, this time they didn't even bother responding.

Soldato
OP
It's still available on amazon italy for slightly less than I paid for it a few months back from there with Saturday delivery.

Might be even cheaper if you took the free prime trial out.

Caporegime
It's still available on amazon italy for slightly less than I paid for it a few months back from there with Saturday delivery.

Might be even cheaper if you took the free prime trial out.
Not 100% sure about the Prime thing. Items have to be "eligible" and they aren't 100% clear about which are and which aren't. Could just sign up and see, I suppose.

But I've waited this long, and I'm stubborn :p I don't want the hassle of an EU adapter on a power brick plug on a tower extension socket. Then I'd need books or something to support the power brick; would ruin my Feng shui!

Now that both the EU and US have had this item in stock continually there appears to be no immediate shortage. So maybe they will release in the UK soon?

I still don't understand why they released the 32" here months ago and we've heard nothing about the 27". All the other regions had both.

Soldato
OP
I went through the check out process and it offered you the prime trial with free shipping so if you took that option it would be about £425.

Still loving mine and enjoying every second gaming on it.

Back
Top Bottom