*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Associate
Has final release dropped? I decided to give beta a go but never got it installed. Yesterday I got the message beta 5 was ready to install so I clicked install later. So overnight it installed and version number says 15.0?

Associate
I doubt it. It normally appears either on the day they announce the new iPhones or just a few days after.

Anyone on 15beta does it give software version as 15.0? First time I’ve installed the iOS 15 beta and presumed it would say something like 15 beta5?

Edit; Just checked version number which is 19A5318F which is beta 5 so ignore my post!

Last edited:
Associate
Installed Dev Beta 6 last night. I think they've fixed the random screen wake issue. I still have problems with BitWarden though which is a bummer.

They've finally given the option to set Safari back as it was before with the address bar at the top! Yay!

Associate
Apple lacking the courage to stick with the address bar at the bottom. Everyone would have gotten used to it.

I suspect it'll be the new default, but they'll give the option to switch back. I've got very big hands so rather the address bar at the top my 12 Pro Max - actually more comfortable to press than it being at the bottom for me.

Soldato
I’m running the beta and haven’t noticed much difference? Or maybe I’m easily led by the marketing gurus :p
They've changed it a few times through the beta, on the initial beta it was pretty bad...

I do like how the address bar is now at the bottom and you can swipe left and right to switch tabs on the address bar and go back and forth if you swipe on the page but at one point to get to your favourites or history was a chore! They've since changed that in the latest beta to closer to what it is now on ios 14 which makes it so much easier.

Installed Dev Beta 6 last night. I think they've fixed the random screen wake issue. I still have problems with BitWarden though which is a bummer.

They've finally given the option to set Safari back as it was before with the address bar at the top! Yay!
Lol i thought i was going mad, glad it wasn't just me.

Associate

Is the default option with it at the bottom?

Soldato
Is WPA3 Personal working on ipadOS 15 and if so would it be every model that is able to officially run it.

It works fine on my iPhone 12 and latest gen iPad Pro. Incidentally my work laptop (HP 840 G5) didn’t support it but all macs have since 2013. That laptop has since been replaced with a G6 which does thankfully.

Associate
It works fine on my iPhone 12 and latest gen iPad Pro. Incidentally my work laptop (HP 840 G5) didn’t support it but all macs have since 2013. That laptop has since been replaced with a G6 which does thankfully.

Cheers for that, good news then as still using A1566 Ipad Air2 which is on it's 1st Battery and works well as a general web browser.
I guess this will be the last update for this device now :(

Soldato
RC is out and shockingly my Finder seems to be fine installing it straight off - usually end up waiting a day or two for Apple to make the "iOS x.0 RC install" part of Finder available as a background update. Installing now, I don't use beta profile or anything, just installing straight on via cable.

Back
Top Bottom