• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

need help choosing a new CPU

Associate
OP
well guys i took on what you all said. caved and got an SSD for windows. now my only question is: is it possible to transfer windows to it without having to do a clean installation? because i really cant be assed to reconfigure all the settings and everything again.

thanks.

Associate
well guys i took on what you all said. caved and got an SSD for windows. now my only question is: is it possible to transfer windows to it without having to do a clean installation? because i really cant be assed to reconfigure all the settings and everything again.

thanks.
That's difficult to say without any information. What kind of SSD did you get? Do you have a separate HDD or partition for Windows? Is it big enough to store all of your data?
Generally you can have some issues doing this without having the knowledge necessary, I would really advise to do the clean installation.

Soldato
As said above a good SSD helps a lot.

For CPU upgrade if required, a 5800x if you can deal with the heat otherwise you got a good CPU anyway.

So its up to you. ;)

Associate
OP
That's difficult to say without any information. What kind of SSD did you get? Do you have a separate HDD or partition for Windows? Is it big enough to store all of your data?
Generally you can have some issues doing this without having the knowledge necessary, I would really advise to do the clean installation.
its a partitioned HDD at the moment. the SSD is a kingston A400 120GB intended to hold the OS and nothing else.

Associate
You ignored all recommendations and bought a tiny capacity, low end sata SSD?
Not only that, after nearly everybody suspecting corrupted Windows files or a very poor setup (even a 5.4k HDD should take 5 minutes after login to start Steam unless it's faulty), the OP ignores all that and wants to clone their Windows install. Despite never having doner so before and most likely they would have to shrink their boot partition too clone it over too.

You can lead a horse to water, but...

Back
Top Bottom