Gigabyte P750GM 750 Watt Fully Modular 80+ Gold PSU....... High Failure warning....

Associate
One of the big US retailers who also supplied these exploding power supplies in bundles, sometimes with very expensive and power hungry graphic cards, is now offering a return and exchange service within a certain serial range after Gigabyte finally admitted there is actually a problem!
I would recommend getting a full refund of these GP-P750/850GM units if at all possible.
GNR1.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Wonder if anyone has tried that load test on a few at 110V vs 240v?

Would require even more samples, and someone with reliable supplies of both voltages, but that shouldn't be a problem for some of the bigger media outlet.

Man of Honour
If Gigabyte had just acknowledged it and moved on I'd have probably been none the wiser about Gigabyte's rep going down the toilet, or them getting hacked. Design mistakes happen. Having watched the GN Speedrun video in full, and most of the others, their methodology seems sound (I know enough about electronics to be dangerous), and Gigabyte could have easily found this out if they'd asked.

I'm still using a 15yo Gigabyte motherboard (G33M) which had been run 24/7 until a few months ago (it'll be replaced with a VM once I get the new hardware figured out), so agree with others that they were good in the 00's. On that basis alone I'd have seriously considered them again (though not for a power supply), but obviously no longer.

Associate
Imagine installing safety feature on nuclear reactor.

Let's explode this thing before it explodes.
Damn hilarious.

Gygabite digging deep hole.

Back
Top Bottom