Quick q (cable guy here!), do you need an aerial in 2021?

Soldato
As above. I have a cable guy here replacing the BT box and removing all historical cabling. He's moved the BT socket and Sky cabling where I want into a neat faceplate/box but has elected to leave the aerial out.

Should I get him to drill another hole and bring the aerial in for backup? Sky customer here (staff account through work actually) so we'll have that as long as I'm in my current job at least. He says obviously we can get a Freesat box if we ever replace Sky.

Should I bother getting him to bring the aerial in through another hole? Likely the aerial can get pulled down when we do work on the roof/loft anyway :confused:

Man of Honour
You're paying for a TV licence anyway. All TVs have to have a Freeview tuner. So, if there's a working aerial currently on the property then why not at least have the facility to use it if ever the need arises?

Soldato
OP
To be honest we don't know if the aerial does work and given the state of a lot of the things left here I'm thinking not! Ah we let it go without.. tbh you can watch most of the main channels live via streaming now anyway? iPlayer, All4.. ?

Man of Honour
To be honest we don't know if the aerial does work and given the state of a lot of the things left here I'm thinking not! Ah we let it go without.. tbh you can watch most of the main channels live via streaming now anyway? iPlayer, All4.. ?

Streaming is there, but it's very much the condensed version; just the "highlight" programmes. Not the entire output.

Associate
This is a good indoor aerial > RGTech Monarch 50 Transparent Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial costs about £25 and for me this is the best aerial i have had.

Just in case you wanted an indoor aerial.

Back
Top Bottom