*** Show us your Dogs ***

Picked this little tike up today. An hour and a half hour journey home that he slept most of and has been as gold since getting home! Welcome to the family Marvin (not like we bought this house for the sole purpose of having enough space for a dog!)

nTLbikM.jpeg

Certainly going to keep us busy and fit as he's a Hungarian Vizsla, will soon have limitless energy!!
CUTE!! :)

Soldato
My dog is on the left, but we’re looking after the one on the right. They’ll do anything for treats!

41031-D95-E776-4687-89-B7-7-A1-CDAC5899-E.jpg

Permabanned
Picked this little tike up today. An hour and a half hour journey home that he slept most of and has been as gold since getting home! Welcome to the family Marvin (not like we bought this house for the sole purpose of having enough space for a dog!)

nTLbikM.jpeg

Certainly going to keep us busy and fit as he's a Hungarian Vizsla, will soon have limitless energy!!

Beautiful pup, with massive bones, I bet it weighs a lot? Should be a stunning dog when it grows up. A girl who worked at a breeding stables outside Whitchurch had a Vizsla and she had it trained to be nigh on perfect off lead at the pub, and outside, which was probably a labour of love and dedication, although she very modestly said it was fairly easy ;! Good luck with him, please post more photos as he matures.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Beautiful pup, with massive bones, I bet it weighs a lot? Should be a stunning dog when it grows up. A girl who worked at a breeding stables outside Whitchurch had a Vizsla and she had it trained to be nigh on perfect off lead at the pub, and outside, which was probably a labour of love and dedication, although she very modestly said it was fairly easy ;! Good luck with him, please post more photos as he matures.
He was second largest at birth and was the biggest when we picked him up; just over 7kg I think. His "grandad" is 28-29kg of lean muscle and his actual dad was bigger still, we think he'll end up around 32-33kg which is very good going for the breed!

Even though he's only been home a day and a half he's doing ever so well. Had a bit of a strop earlier in the day as it was raining so much, but he's picking up on training (with a clicker) very quickly. Nailing sit, drop, leave it, come very well; though he still hasn't actually quite gotten his name yet! :cry: Though I think we had much more success with crate training on his first night compared to his littermates, two of whom have already thrown in the towel with it!

Permabanned
He was second largest at birth and was the biggest when we picked him up; just over 7kg I think. His "grandad" is 28-29kg of lean muscle and his actual dad was bigger still, we think he'll end up around 32-33kg which is very good going for the breed!

Even though he's only been home a day and a half he's doing ever so well. Had a bit of a strop earlier in the day as it was raining so much, but he's picking up on training (with a clicker) very quickly. Nailing sit, drop, leave it, come very well; though he still hasn't actually quite gotten his name yet! :cry: Though I think we had much more success with crate training on his first night compared to his littermates, two of whom have already thrown in the towel with it!

Very good, I have had Komondors for years, and like most Hungarian breeds, but lost my last Kom three years ago, and as it's so hard to find good specimens without importing he will be my last. Not everyone's cup of tea and proper ones are true livestock guarding dogs with typical independent thought and action, so need a firm hand and lots of space.

Looking forward to updates, "proper dog" :)

Associate
Our Golden Lab is 13. Had him at the vet yesterday for a check over. She said his hips are deteriorating quite a bit. She wouldn't put a number on it but she didn't fill us with hope.
You think they'll last forever. He's such a fit dog but I guess time catches us all.
Don't know what we will do when the day comes :(

Man of Honour
First walk with our whippet on Saturday after the two week jab wait.

IMG-4166.jpg

20 minutes walk and he's asleep for 3 hours. :D

Also ordered some Carnilove puppy food for him as the stuff we got from the breeder is getting low.

Back
Top Bottom