How do I control my EK RGB?

Soldato
1 argb ek cpu block
1 argb ek gpu block
1 argb ek flow indicator
1 argb ek pump
2 argb cable mod light strips

For about £45 Aquacomputer's Farbwerk 360 has four ARGB channels, which will handle 90 LEDs each. The newer model has both four RGBpx headers and four standard 3-pin ARGB headers, so you won't even need adapters.

Two headers will connect directly to any two of the first four devices.
The other two headers go first into the strips and then, because you can daisy-chain those, into the remaining two devices.

You'll also get all the other functions on both the Farbwerk, and in the Aquasuite sensor/monitoring app.

Soldato
OP
Armoury crate seemed to work ok for me, I installed it, setup the RGB (aio, 3080 and motherboard), then uninstalled it as its bloated.

Armoury doesn't let me change the color or brightness seperately for the headers - it syncs all headers and the motherboard and sets a single color and brightness for everything - and that is why i dont like it

Associate
I've got 6 ST120 fans controlled by the bespoke Lian Li controller and thats really good. The rest on my GPU, CPU and memory are controlled by Armoury Crate but I've found it to be ok since i updated it last if that helps, it's not crashed in a long time now. Agreed it did used to be flaky as hell but better than the aura software which was utter crap

Soldato
OP
Ordered the razer rgb chroma controller

has 6 headers, each header supports 80 led with individual led color control and per header brightness control

Uses standard 3 pin 5v ports and software works with ekwb products

Soldato
OP
are you sure about this? All my EKWB products are 12v DRGB not 5v ARGB...

well couple ekwb owners on Reddit said they are using it

checked the product specs again for blocks and pump, all say they use 3 pin 5v for he rgb, not sure what products you have they might be older models or something

and d-rgb and argb are interchangeable terms that mean the same thing as far as I can tell

Soldato
Um sure prev EK block 2080S I had was four pin RGB.

This one three pin so no choice but to sync with fans and LED strips.

Guess it's all syncd but that choice is removed to run it white to fit in with CPU and reservoir which are always illuminated white.

Soldato
OP
Um sure prev EK block 2080S I had was four pin RGB.

This one three pin so no choice but to sync with fans and LED strips.

Guess it's all syncd but that choice is removed to run it white to fit in with CPU and reservoir which are always illuminated white.

From the product page, unless it's wrong:

"D-Rgb connector standard 3 pin 5v"

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-strix-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

but you are right they used to use 4 pin rgb and then it looks like they switched to 3 pin on all their products launched in the last year or so

Last edited:
Soldato
They def switched. When I unplugged the 2080 block I made a note of where the RGB was going and it was too of my mobo ( I also remember routing the wire in that direction) to the four pin RGB header.

When I saw I had a three pin my heart sank a but thinking I'd missed there were two versions available but that wasn't the case.

Soldato
Hi, I would like to know if its possible to get adapters to connect my Corsair Obsidian 1000d's LED's & my EKWB Vardar D-RGB fans to Asus Aura motherboard header?
Would this work?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373095699082?hash=item56de3c928a:g:ErUAAOSwQo5e9upn&var=641879880519
Firstly I would remove the link as it's a competitor. These forums are hosted by Overclockers UK so it's not allowed to link to other sellers of the same gear :)

It seems the EK DRGB stuff uses the same sort of connector:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-d-rgb-6-way-splitter-cable-wc-9vx-ek.html

But Corsair usually have their custom 4-pin connectors so you may need an adapter for those.

Bear in mind that splitting the connections in this way will send the same data to each set of LEDs. So you won't be able to customise the layout of colour on each device.

Soldato
OP
Ek now uses the standard 3 pin 5v connectors, these should plug directly into your motherboard header.

Corsair uses some custom junk, you need an adapter that converts the Corsair stuff to 3 pin 5v or 4 pin 12v if your board has both types.

He can also choose to go the reverse, install Corsair's software, get a Corsair commander pro box and wire everything through that, but he will need to buy adapters for his 3 pin ekwb stuff

Firstly I would remove the link as it's a competitor. These forums are hosted by Overclockers UK so it's not allowed to link to other sellers of the same gear :)

It seems the EK DRGB stuff uses the same sort of connector:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-d-rgb-6-way-splitter-cable-wc-9vx-ek.html

But Corsair usually have their custom 4-pin connectors so you may need an adapter for those.

Bear in mind that splitting the connections in this way will send the same data to each set of LEDs. So you won't be able to customise the layout of colour on each device.

Splitting or not won't matter for him, because it's gong into the Asus motherboard he will never have per device control because Asus doesn't offer software that does that - Asus will sync all your rgb devices to look exactly the same whether you use a splitter or not

That's why instead of going into the motherboard, I wire my devices into this https://www.razer.com/hk-en/gaming-...addressable-rgb-controller/RZ34-02140600-R3U1

Last edited:
Associate
Hi thanks for the answers. @LuckyBenski my post is now edited, sorry.

I have found out that my board has a 12v 4 pin output only, which is a shame.

I already have one of these,
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-d-rgb-6-way-splitter-cable-wc-9vx-ek.html, but am not using as the 14 EK fans & the pump all daisy chain quite happily.

I bought an EK loop connect when building my system, but it has problems, & is to be RMA'd, I intend to get the new version when its released as I have the level sensor & flow sensor, but will have no controller, just the onboard PWM sockets.
so I'm looking for something to sync both the corsair LED's & the EK fan + pump LED's to my motherboard (ROG Rampage V Edition 10, with EK monoblock) & Ram's (G.Skill Trident Z's) via armoury crate if its possible.

I have got a Corsair commander pro box, the obsidian 1000d comes with one, I just would prefer to only be using one lighting effect controller, & I like the effects that you can create with armoury crate.

Asus will sync all your rgb devices to look exactly the same whether you use a splitter or not
That is exactly what I'm wanting.

Soldato
There's a couple of free software I have played with
They can control all LEDs on your system
Regardless of different maker
Though they may not have support for every
Piece of hardware in existence
But they did work with my ek, Corsair,thermaltake stuff
Though I removed any software like icue,aura,etc
To avoid conflict
First ones called openrgb
Quite effective though not the most intuitive to use
Second ones signalrgb much more polished software
And think it also has an option to buy version
Which has game profiles and possibly ambient light control
There's a third software but can't remember that one

Soldato
OP
There's a couple of free software I have played with
They can control all LEDs on your system
Regardless of different maker
Though they may not have support for every
Piece of hardware in existence
But they did work with my ek, Corsair,thermaltake stuff
Though I removed any software like icue,aura,etc
To avoid conflict
First ones called openrgb
Quite effective though not the most intuitive to use
Second ones signalrgb much more polished software
And think it also has an option to buy version
Which has game profiles and possibly ambient light control
There's a third software but can't remember that one

open rgb is a bit buggy so think

it refuses to recognise my ekwb rgb stuff that's plugged into the motherboard even after uninstalling all asus rgb software

Soldato
Yeah as versionmonkey said
After much clicking I figured out it can't automatically detect
How many individual LEDs on things
Think I had to manually input each thing with LEDs
Bit of a pita when got GPU,led strips, reservoir,and other led stuff
All with addressable LEDs
I did say it wasn't intuitive /obvious what to do
If it works then great
If not try signalrgb it's more polished and looks like there's
More of a development team involved

Soldato