Aliens Fireteam Elite

Associate
So the game is due in a couple of days and still no reviews.

Anyone interested in this title??

It looks pretty good but the lack of reviews and the low price point of £35 has me a little worried.

Hopefully it’s a fun game

Soldato
I got mine yesterday from shopto as did few of my mates, I'm going to be trying it tonight.

Its really not had that much media coverage which is a surprise, I'll give some of my views later.

It does have a 10.87gb patch too just an fyi if people have cack Internet

Associate
OP
Please let me know what you think. It doesn’t look too bad from the gameplay I’ve seen. Looks similar to world war z but in the alien universe.

Is there a next gen version or update for next gen?

Soldato
Looking forward to this. Low price point and maybe lack of future content might be a concern. I think there the deluxe version gives up to 4 x dlc updates but sounds a little sparse on release.

I’ve just finished the Alien Infiltrator audio book and Aliens Fireteam follows on immediately after this.

Soldato
Please let me know what you think. It doesn’t look too bad from the gameplay I’ve seen. Looks similar to world war z but in the alien universe.

Is there a next gen version or update for next gen?
So just reached check point of first mission, early impressions good so far.

Pulse rifle sounds awesome, the enemy ai isn't too bad, can easily swarm you and is possible to run out of ammo quickly. Ai team mates however whilst okay for combat could have healed me multiple times and didn't, I never died but came close.

Just doing it on standard, I'll report more once played more but, so far met the warrior alien which is tough, the spitter. It seems good so far anyway.

Audio is on point from an atmosphere point too.

One thing which is strange is that the npc have audio work when your at base camp and you see the character but they just stand there no movement from there lips etc so its abit odd

Soldato
I like the look of this, a lot. Just from watching YT videos it seems they they have absolutely nailed the audio, especially those rifles. Looks like a jump in jump out type of game like WWZ that doesn't take itself too seriously which is ideal for my liking. It's $59, so $20 cheaper than usual game but find it difficult to justify even at that price while being a game pass subscriber.
Will see what reviews and feedback on here is in the coming few days.

Soldato
I like the look of this, a lot. Just from watching YT videos it seems they they have absolutely nailed the audio, especially those rifles. Looks like a jump in jump out type of game like WWZ that doesn't take itself too seriously which is ideal for my liking. It's $59, so $20 cheaper than usual game but find it difficult to justify even at that price while being a game pass subscriber.
Will see what reviews and feedback on here is in the coming few days.
Having done the first 3 missions so chapter 1 effectivly.

It's not worth paying full price, it's fun don't don't me wrong but doesn't bring anything new to the genre.

It's audio is on point, the attempted story is just an add on at best, I'm appreciating it a little more but I sense most reviewers haven't read the latest book which is the story before this game takes part, infact I'd reccomemd it is read. It's called infiltrator.

Anyway back to the game, if you just want mindless shooting of xenos it's perfect for that, it's gonna need allot more content for people to stick around.

Now its officially out I hope I'll get to play with people instead of ai as that should mix it up abit.

Soldato
Did the first mission solo on my lunch break, looking forward to giving it a crack with mates tonight.

Its pretty good so far its a budget title for sure but its got potential and the leveling up gearing up bit should add some replay.

Soldato
How are people playing this? It's not available on the Microsoft store, never bought a game for my Xbox before so might be being thick!?

Edit, weird it's showing now. Hmmm £35 I'm feeling tight so I'll wait it out for a bit

Soldato
Having done the first 3 missions so chapter 1 effectivly.

It's not worth paying full price, it's fun don't don't me wrong but doesn't bring anything new to the genre.

It's audio is on point, the attempted story is just an add on at best, I'm appreciating it a little more but I sense most reviewers haven't read the latest book which is the story before this game takes part, infact I'd reccomemd it is read. It's called infiltrator.

Anyway back to the game, if you just want mindless shooting of xenos it's perfect for that, it's gonna need allot more content for people to stick around.

Now its officially out I hope I'll get to play with people instead of ai as that should mix it up abit.
Sounds pretty much like I expected. Think I'll get it. I often jump on WWZ friday or saturday night for an hour or so after a few drinks if the mrs goes to bed early but i've gone through it so many times and have all my characters levelled up so looking for something similar.

Soldato
Played the first third of the first mission last night, I like it so far. As said by others its a budget game and certainly feels like one but it doesn't detract from the gameplay. Tried to matchmake but got loads of errors which is par for the course with early release games so played through with 2 bots who seemed ok, especially for mopping up attacks from the rear. Hopefully I couldn't matchmake because it was the very first mission and will be better when I get back on later tonight.

Associate
Great game, played through first 6 missions yesterday, also pretty challenging. But it's definitely a game you want to play with friends. Alone it's just half the fun.
Also beware, game is rather demanding. My system only gets around 120 fps with everything off and low and 80% scaling on 1440p, while FPS seem to be rather important in this game.

Soldato
Great game, played through first 6 missions yesterday, also pretty challenging. But it's definitely a game you want to play with friends. Alone it's just half the fun.
Also beware, game is rather demanding. My system only gets around 120 fps with everything off and low and 80% scaling on 1440p, while FPS seem to be rather important in this game.
Won't matter for ps5 players :p

I started the 2nd set of missions last night did the first one, certainly increased difficulty as first three were a breeze.

Always need to have a medic in the team I'd say,

Back
Top Bottom