Extinction Rebellion: Jury acquits protesters despite judge's direction

Soldato
That excuse wouldn't get you out of a night with bald headed John, it would be "Jail for death by dangerous driving and driving without due care and attention" :p

Man of Honour
Why are the police just letting them carry on fingerpaint the building...

Because they have enough power to be deemed to be above the law. The next test will be when they "accidentally" physically injure someone. We'll see how that goes. My guess is that they'll get away with it as long as their victim is a "white" man, especially if he works for an energy company or a financial company.

Caporegime
Because they have enough power to be deemed to be above the law. The next test will be when they "accidentally" physically injure someone. We'll see how that goes. My guess is that they'll get away with it as long as their victim is a "white" man, especially if he works for an energy company or a financial company.

Going down the conspiracy rabbit hole...

Caporegime
Why are the police just letting them carry on fingerpaint the building...

Because the police know their tactic is to get arrested tie up police resources, fill up cells, create paperwork and tie up the courts.

It's easier and cheaper to just leave them be and wash the paint off later without causing disruption to thw police force.

They know they won't hurt anyone

Soldato
Because the police know their tactic is to get arrested tie up police resources, fill up cells, create paperwork and tie up the courts.

It's easier and cheaper to just leave them be and wash the paint off later without causing disruption to thw police force.

They know they won't hurt anyone

They wouldnt need to arrest them if they just stopped them doing it. Or if they tried to force their way through, a bit of a truncheoning would be a good lesson for these toffs.

Back
Top Bottom