Amazon Customer service - my issues

Soldato
OP
Okay, so I moaned when I felt Amazon customer services let me down so only fair to pipe up when the go above and beyond.

I purchased an OLED from Amazon in Nov 19, last year it started playing up, the image would suddenly go black leaving only the audio playing. Power cycling the set would restore things but then it would happen again soon after, one of those annoying intermittent faults. LG replaced the main board and it seemed fine.

The same fault started playing up the other day, LG said it was out of warranty and it was cost me £400+ for the repair. So I contacted Amazon, and without any quibble they refunded me the full amount on the spot (£1200) and arranged a courier to collect the faulty set. Unfortunately they refunded to a payment card/bank I no longer with but that's by the by, some stella customer service!.

Once collected I've to contact them and they'll apply the credit to my account. New tv time. :)

Soldato
Amazon really can go above and beyond, but I don't like them for large appliances like TV's. If you buy a TV like the OLED from JL/RS/Currys etc it's automatically a 5 year warranty with the more expensive sets. If you go with Amazon it's like 1 year with goodwill beyond that. You'd have a good chance at a result anyway considering they fixed a flaw once, and it came back again.

I think the high street retailers are better at dealing with large appliance deliveries/collections as well, but that's just my viewpoint.

Soldato
My amazon account was hacked and the theif stole near £1K and Amazon denied that i had been hacked.

They were worse than talking to a brick wall. Their security team is a 0/10 but i found their general customer service in the past a 10/10

Soldato
My amazon account was hacked and the theif stole near £1K and Amazon denied that i had been hacked.

They were worse than talking to a brick wall. Their security team is a 0/10 but i found their general customer service in the past a 10/10

I suspect the issue with Amazon and many other of the large online companies is they know any hacking was not at their end of things. If they believed every person who just called up and said "my account was hacked" it would actually be costly for them.
I mean, I've got no reason to not believe your side of any story etc. - but you're giving the impression it was account compromised, Amazon immediately said no and that was the end of it.

Also, like so many of these big companies - Amazon have 2fa available which makes your account pretty much unstealable.

Soldato
social engineered more like

i like amazon, ive always found their customer services to go above and beyond.

how did they do it then ? enlighten my how they got my password so i can avoid it in the future because Amazon were as dumb as they get.
They even have self service lockers and gave the criminal a self service code for a locker hundereds of miles away from my house in a different name/address/mobile number, allowed them to trade in imaginary goods in exchange for instant gift cards, allowed them to archive orders so they were invisible.
Hell Amazon is a haven for a crook, they knew exactly what security weaknesses Amazon has.

Soldato
how did they do it then ? enlighten my how they got my password so i can avoid it in the future because Amazon were as dumb as they get.
They even have self service lockers and gave the criminal a self service code for a locker hundereds of miles away from my house in a different name/address/mobile number, allowed them to trade in imaginary goods in exchange for instant gift cards, allowed them to archive orders so they were invisible.
Hell Amazon is a haven for a crook, they knew exactly what security weaknesses Amazon has.

Did your account have 2FA? If it did, the hacker has either found a vulnerability or paid for one on the darkweb. If it didn't, they didn't hack your amazon account, they simply logged in with your password stolen from somewhere else.

Back to the OP, I know it's too late (March being a few months ago now), but I find that handing Amazon returns over to the Post Office is the quickest way to receive a refund.

Also, I had to look up what a DJ Mini 2 was. The Google search results redirects me to DJI Mini 2. Amazon did the same - DJI. Is that what you meant OP?

Soldato
OP
Back to the OP, I know it's too late (March being a few months ago now), but I find that handing Amazon returns over to the Post Office is the quickest way to receive a refund.

Also, I had to look up what a DJ Mini 2 was. The Google search results redirects me to DJI Mini 2. Amazon did the same - DJI. Is that what you meant OP?

Can't agree more, learned that the hard way that you're better to go with the Royal mail option ( 48hr delivery ) for a relatively quick refund. Returning via Hermes will always in my experience take 2 weeks or more.

Yeah the DJI mini 2 is a drone I purchased and sent back :)

Commissario
I've had situations where I've sent something back to Amazon via the Post Office and before I've even got back to my car, the Amazon app has pinged to say they've received it and by the time I've driven home (about ten minutes), the money is back in my bank.

Returning via Hermes will always in my experience take 2 weeks or more.
I've not done it via the Post Office for ages and generally use the Hermes option now. Normally, I get a ping that evening to say they've received it and the refund comes in very shortly afterwards.

Permabanned
I've had situations where I've sent something back to Amazon via the Post Office and before I've even got back to my car, the Amazon app has pinged to say they've received it and by the time I've driven home (about ten minutes), the money is back in my bank.

I've not done it via the Post Office for ages and generally use the Hermes option now. Normally, I get a ping that evening to say they've received it and the refund comes in very shortly afterwards.

Same with Me I think they do it if your account is in good order.

Soldato
OP
Same with Me I think they do it if your account is in good order.

Depends on the value of the goods returned I believe, high value goods are more likely to require processing before a refund is processed and of course the processing time of the return depends on the whereabouts of the local warehouse.

Also if they're offering me pay monthly items at 5-6k I think they must view my decades old account as in 'good order' so I doubt that's a contributing factor :p.

Soldato
I bought a LG Nexus 5x which died just inside of two years.

I contacted lg who would offer a repair sounded like a mission so tried Amazon, sent it back they refunded the full original purchase price.

I then emailed lg back and rubbed it in their face a bit.

Soldato
OP
Well with the refund I picked up a Samsung 65Q95T, would have loved to have gone OLED again , particularly the high end Sony's but couldn't justify the added extra, especially after just buying a UST projector and screen. Gorgeous design on the Q95T and no real complaints regarding the black, just feeling the image is a little soft but will check out Rtings etc for some setup advice. Happy ending :)

Back
Top Bottom