What controller do you use on your PC?

D4N

D4N

Associate
I’ve got a couple of Xbox 360 pads, but my wireless receiver has decided it’s going to stop working, so I’ve been using a switch pro controller and a 8BitDo SN30 pro+ instead.

Associate
I use a 360 wired pad that i bought new when i bought Halo 2 Vista as the servers were still running, i had previously been just playing Halo on the xbox.

I picked up another second hand 360 pad recently, just in case! I never liked the XB1 pad, and with price increases, lack of wired, i decided it was sensible to get a backup.

Soldato
My launch day Xblox 360's wireless controller. Still rocking it, even though the left thumbstick hasn't got a rubberised coating. If the controller takes a knock then the battery compartment slips lose and disconnects the thing. Other then that it's solid reliable :D

Edit: Images added. Fear my grim controller!

5o5pISr.jpg

QW4ion0.jpg

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
OK reading the replies it seems I've been waaay behind some of you guys! Making me wish I got a PS5 pad instead. But also, loving the 360 love still going strong :D

What do you use those rear paddle buttons for? Custom commands?

When people are saying "Xbox 1" are they referring to the new one or the original xbox? Is that still compatible?

@Le Clandestin Brun Do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravis_PC_GamePad

I think it was advertised on one of the Jazz Jackrabbit games. I had the 1st one on PC.
Oh man that brings back memories!! I'm pretty sure that's the one :D

Soldato
OK reading the replies it seems I've been waaay behind some of you guys! Making me wish I got a PS5 pad instead. But also, loving the 360 love still going strong :D

What do you use those rear paddle buttons for? Custom commands?

When people are saying "Xbox 1" are they referring to the new one or the original xbox? Is that still compatible?

Oh man that brings back memories!! I'm pretty sure that's the one :D

The paddles default to A B X Y, and can be assigned to any other button.

Personally I map the top two paddles (A B) to the left and right stick clicks, saves wear and tear on the sticks and makes the function much easier to use.

Soldato
Seems like there are many 360 controller users here :) good to see.

IMG-20210827-220825.jpg

Replaced the buttons on mine a good while ago, but still same controller since around 2006.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was an Xbox 360 controller with the wireless adapter until that broke, then Dualshock 4 until I sold my PS4. So now purchased one of them new Xbox controllers that has bluetooth.

This is only for modern gaming though, I have older designed controllers for retro games and a fight stick for fighting games.

Soldato
Xbox pads. Currently using the Xbox Series S/X controller. Only because my last Xbox One controller wasn't Bluetooth and I wanted a wireless controller for my pc

Associate
Wireless xbox one pad that i used mainly for driving games
then bought a logitech g29 steering wheel + gear shifter
honeycomb yoke & logitech throttle quadrant & thrustmaster rudder pedals that i use for fixed wing aircraft in msfs
warthog joystick with 20cm extension that i use for helicopters in msfs and dcs
and have a thrustmaster t.flight hotas that i dont use.

Back
Top Bottom