Fractal Torrent

Associate
I got mine Wednesday and IMO it's a great case. I'm seeing lower temps across the board than with my Meshify 2 as well as noise levels being the same or lower.

Fortunately I wasn't using the fan hub as I use an Aquaero but have requested a replacement anyway. The replacement request process is nice and simple so hats off to Fractal for both being quick to admit the problem and also for making it easy to order the replacement.

Associate
So how noisy do you find the case at the moment ? Does the sound travel back out of it a lot ?
I don't find the case noisy at all, I have it next to me on the floor and it's very quiet for an air cooled case (I used to watercool for years and was noise obsessed)

At idle no fan spins faster than 600 rpm so it's silent to me sitting a metre away. At load the front fans still spin around 600 rpm but the bottom ones and the one I put in the rear hit over 1000 rpm so are audible. I think at least in part the reduction in noise compared to other cases I've had is the solid top panel, usually I have one or more fans in the top so that increases noise of course.

Associate
I was looking at this case hopefully be back on sale soonish

It shouldn't be long. I got an email that they had started manufacture of the revised fan hub and that they will be shipping them out to those of us who had requested one by the third week of Sept so the Torrent with the new hub should be back on sale around the same time I would expect.

Associate
Fractal Torrent is such a beautiful case. Seems different than the ones on the current market just a shame there’s none in stock. Does anyone know where they will be stocking? Because if I can’t get my hands on this one it will have to be the Lian Li o11 mini.

Associate
Doesn't seem to be much info on that. I'd hope a few weeks, as I imagine by now they'll have a redesigned hub, and supply of it. So they will be building new stock with that updated fan hub and that will be filtering through the supply channels.

Latest update I received from them on Friday was that everything is on track to begin shipment of replacement hubs next week so updated stock should be in the channel soon.

Associate
Latest update I received from them on Friday was that everything is on track to begin shipment of replacement hubs next week so updated stock should be in the channel soon.

Fractal have now advised that my replacement fan hub has shipped so it shouldn't be long now before the Torrent is back on sale.

Associate
Fractal have now advised that my replacement fan hub has shipped so it shouldn't be long now before the Torrent is back on sale.

They quoted 3-6 working days for delivery and it's just arrived less than 24 since they sent me the email. Excellent service from Fractal, less than 3 weeks since the problem was found an I already have a replacement.

For anyone that gets a Torrent when they are back on sale you can tell if it has the revised fan hub or not as the new one has v1.1 marked in one corner, the original has no marking at all.

Associate
Loving the look of this but would have to rethink my 280AIO in it

Just what I was thinking. all my AIO's always go top. And putting it in the front (if that's even possible, is a bit Meh!.)
love the case. But it's not water focused. I would most likely go top of the range CPU Air cooler for this case.

Back
Top Bottom