Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Associate
A normal Mk3 RS I cannot see being worth mega money in the future, over the sale price new. They don't quite have the rally appeal of the MK1, as lary as the MK2 (also 5 pot is a winner) and obviously may carry the stigma of "popping engines" because of that gasket mix up right at the start of production. Combined with the Red/Orange special editions. But Fast Fords going to Fast Ford. I should never have sold my MK1.

If you get a chance to break even then I definitely would, experience something else.

Soldato
I think the mk3 is probably too common and it doesn't have that 5 pot engine or the looks. Mk2s have never dropped below £20k and good ones are already worth more than mk3s with less miliage.

For a daily I'd have a mk3 (or actually probably another mk2 ST and tune it :p), but for a collectable I'd be buying a mk2 now.

Last edited:
Soldato
the Cosworth mk1 Cortina and quite a few others have been up for sale for ages so this tells you everything.
they were up for sale a long time before i bought my car and i was really slow, because i started looking ``SERIOUSLY``back in March,
but bought the AMG the moment i saw it.

Soldato
Now that I've hit a thousand miles, I have some questions and thoughts.

1. What is the little credit card slot down to the right of the steering wheel?
2. Does anyone else actually find that according to the power delivery menu, Sport is more RWD bias than Track?

Ordered the Gazoo spoiler, side skirts and front bumper stick on tat. Will be a few weeks before that gets here.

Soldato
Now that I've hit a thousand miles, I have some questions and thoughts.

1. What is the little credit card slot down to the right of the steering wheel?
2. Does anyone else actually find that according to the power delivery menu, Sport is more RWD bias than Track?

Ordered the Gazoo spoiler, side skirts and front bumper stick on tat. Will be a few weeks before that gets here.
1. Maybe something tollbooth card related? Or just parking tickets/other stuff?
2. Normal = 60/40, Track = 50/50, Sport = 30/70 F/R.

Soldato
Mate no way is anyone gonna wait over a year for a Yaris GR.

only just found this thread. I ordered my car over 6 months ago and likely have another 6 months to go.

loads of orders that were may 22 have now been pushed back to Oct 22.

I’m in no rush. This won’t be my daily driver happy to wait.

Associate
Akropovic have released a tantalisingly wonderful exhaust and with an OPF delete, pulled 315bhp on stock (possibly a BOV there too).

But if you don't opt for the link pipe you have to cut the OEM exhaust. That alone is poor design, let alone on an exhaust that costs over £2k

Man of Honour
So how is everyone getting on with their Yari's?

Be good to get some good, bad, indifferent views of this cracking little rally rocket now you have had them a while.

OcUK Staff
OP
So how is everyone getting on with their Yari's?

Be good to get some good, bad, indifferent views of this cracking little rally rocket now you have had them a while.

5000 miles now mate!

1200 miles running in service (not Toyota, just me been me), so all fluids changes, engine, diffs, gearbox etc, cost £370 at Toyota RRG. Which get it serviced again next month, be about £200.

That is it, MPG on a long motorway run, 35-40mpg depending on how fast, stay at 70-80 close to 40, at around 90 closer to 30. MPG around town and blasting around 20+, long term average is close to 30mpg.

The car is all its cracked up to be, absolutely superb at 7/10 and 11/10. It also drives just like a regular Yaris so when you want to go get some shopping it works fine, so happy to drive at 1-3/10 as well which on some performance hatches they are not.
I know a few people who have partnered them with super cars and also still have them, who also still love it.

Its great for us, because adults can fit in the back, or you can fold down the rear seats, which fold flat and you have quite a large boot, I managed to transport all four Ferrari wheels/tyres in the car to the wheel refurbers, admittedly one wheel was on the front passenger seat.

It is just a cracking car, so versatile and extremely capable, but it inspires a lot of confidence and a few owners are now crashing them in the poorer weather conditions thinking they are invincible.

I am trying to think of bad points but I really cannot, seating position is high, but its fine, its not a sports car its a rally/hot hatch, the mirror position many complain about, mine is raised but its never been an issue, the big tablet in the dash looks funky but again it don't bother me and its functional.

I cannot really fault it, crazy and fun b-road performance, its also pretty damn handy on a circuit too and can be made extremely capable quite easily and its mega cheap to run and comes with a 10yr warranty, what is not to like, also Toyota of mod friendly for those who want to play.

Basically its the car that got hero status before they even got delivered, 2020 crazy year but Toyota seem to be on a role at moment with GR cars, great timing as most manufacturers have moved to EV which are boring but do have their place, Toyota great move, awesome car and people will always be wanting them.

Soldato
Still very much enjoying mine. As Gibbo says a lot of the time it's a regular Yaris but when you get a nice road it is properly capable.

I did a Rally Day again with some of the SCC club guys, all owners of other serious kit and they all love it the same.
5m4eqHwh.jpg
After the day I swapped cars with the Impreza owner and I have to say, engine character aside - the GR is miles better. Steering gearbox suspension brakes all notably superior, engine stronger aswell just much more boring. I know 20 years apart but still it was a nice back to back.

Also worth mentioning I did I think my longest drive ever in any car in the Yaris, 3hr40m from Pembroke back to Frome. 153 miles, 37mpg, radar cruise & lane hold most of the way and it was cracking. Never an issue, comfy seats.

Associate
Really enjoy mine still. Not done as many miles as I would like 1600 so far, but a superb piece of kit. The slowest thing about the car is me.

The only minor issue I had is that my detailer snapped a wheel stud, which hasn't seemed to be an isolated case, a few have snapped. But Toyota repaired free of charge.

Man of Honour
Really enjoy mine still. Not done as many miles as I would like 1600 so far, but a superb piece of kit. The slowest thing about the car is me.

The only minor issue I had is that my detailer snapped a wheel stud, which hasn't seemed to be an isolated case, a few have snapped. But Toyota repaired free of charge.
Wrong torque settings used?

Associate
Unsure, as he didnt snap any of my other studs! I checked the rest of the torques when I got home and all seemed to be fine.

Someone else had his snap and all he was using was a cross brace.

Back
Top Bottom