Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 29th August 2021]

Soldato
In hindsight I agree with that but, it’s a penalty as it was in.

Don’t know if rules dictate a red but it shouldn’t be
Of course it should be. Otherwise you're getting an advantage in standing on the line and handling the ball to stop it going in. You're moving from a guaranteed goal to a penalty.

Soldato
This could be an awesome 2nd half, that sets it up really nicely.

I’ll need to see it again, Neville did say he moved his arm I’m not so sure though.

If he gives the pen he has to give the red though.

Until I see it again, I’m saying it’s not a red/pen.

Soldato
Regardless of the decisions, the ref is really poor at keeping things calm.

He is behaving like an officious prat.

He didn't book Salah for kicking the ball away but is booking all the Chelsea players for similar offences

I dislike both teams but the officiating has been very 1 sided.

Caporegime
As soon as he moved his arm towards the ball it was always going to be given, Taylor couldn't wait though I don't know why he even bothered going to the screen.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Still don't think that was a deliberate handball. Everything looks deliberate at 1/10th speed. Its nice to think that we would all react beautifully in the 1/10th of a second between when the ball leaves Manes foot and when it contacts James about 1.5m away but we wouldn't. You chuck a leg at the ball and your arm kind of does what it wants.

Caporegime
Of course it should be. Otherwise you're getting an advantage in standing on the line and handling the ball to stop it going in. You're moving from a guaranteed goal to a penalty.

but I've lost count how many times handballs in the box have been ignored as accidental when they're either flying into the top corner or rolling towards a striker for a tap in.

I agree with the penalty decision but it wasn't deliberate.

Caporegime
Regardless of the decisions, the ref is really poor at keeping things calm.

He is behaving like an officious prat.

He didn't book Salah for kicking the ball away but is booking all the Chelsea players.

I dislike both teams but the officiating has been very 1 sided.

Not really, quite a few soft fouls for Chelsea in middle of park whilst challenges just prior not given for Liverpool.
Salah one was very obvious though, maybe realises he was actually held prior.

Caporegime
Lucky the game isn't done and dusted, felt Chelsea were comfortable in defence and really hurting us in attack. A couple of better passes and the game could've been out of sight and I'm not sure what we could've done to change things.

The difference tactically between this Chelsea and Lampard's is unreal and they'll still be incredible hard to break down, even a man down.

Back
Top Bottom