• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the KFA RTX 3080 TI HOF a good graphics card?

Associate
HOF cards are one of the best, very high-end VRM, powerful cooler so they do tend to overclock well but of course the silicon lottery is the biggest determining factor in overclock.
Thanks for the info.

Just built a system for a friend with the KFA2 3080ti HOF and it’s an absolute monster card, comes with a support bracket to stop it sagging!
Totally silent at idle the fan doesn’t run and quick game test before handing it over I didn’t detect any coil wine.
Went with a Corsair HX 850 Platinum PSU on single rail mode.

r6dxLcV.jpg
Looks good :) Can you control the three RGB zones separately? I'm not a huge fan of flashing 'Hall Of Fame' logos...

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure, we just disabled the RGB on everything as it's all too garish.
I'm kinda on the fence about this card... any chance you could ask him if it can be controlled separately?

I can offer my eternal thanks. Oh plus I'm staying in Rackheath and my family is from here so we're probably related right?... man I'm bad at asking for favours

Soldato
Hah Rackheath, not too far away, I’m outside of Norwich but easier to say the city :)

The card has three zones, the fan, logo on backplate and logo on side.

You can also plug a cable into the back of the card for rgb control to the motherboard or another device, it then seems to treat the whole card as an rgb strip.

A combination of the Corsair iCUE, ASUS Aura, Razer Chroma and KFA2 tuning software is a total nightmare trying to get all the rgb synced up together so I turned it all off.
I think he’s been trying to get everything one solid colour now but gave up and went back to gaming.

Associate
Hah Rackheath, not too far away, I’m outside of Norwich but easier to say the city :)

The card has three zones, the fan, logo on backplate and logo on side.

You can also plug a cable into the back of the card for rgb control to the motherboard or another device, it then seems to treat the whole card as an rgb strip.

A combination of the Corsair iCUE, ASUS Aura, Razer Chroma and KFA2 tuning software is a total nightmare trying to get all the rgb synced up together so I turned it all off.
I think he’s been trying to get everything one solid colour now but gave up and went back to gaming.
Thanks mate, hugely appreciated!!

Empathise with his position I've currently got iCue and NZXT running everything, it's not too difficult so long as I stick to a single colour, but moving to three or four... yikes.

Thanks again JP.

Soldato
I'd be all over this card but with 2years warranty, not a chance. If it was 5 years a go and priced at £500 maybe I would. But at £1200, it breaking in month 25? Which it will do. Wouldn't be fun.

Associate
OP
Just built a system for a friend with the KFA2 3080ti HOF and it’s an absolute monster card, comes with a support bracket to stop it sagging!
Totally silent at idle the fan doesn’t run and quick game test before handing it over I didn’t detect any coil wine.
Went with a Corsair HX 850 Platinum PSU on single rail mode.

r6dxLcV.jpg
What PCI-E power cables are those? They look neater than mine.

Soldato
Is he using 3 separate PCI-E cables and none of the attached ones to the 3 ports? As in 3 different cables from the PSU going into the GPU?

Also is he using PCIE gen 4? Does he have it in the correct pcie slot?
3 individual cables being used and yes, he's on a b550 and it's in the right slot. GPUZ shows it running PCIe X 16 4 x16

Caporegime
3 individual cables being used and yes, he's on a b550 and it's in the right slot. GPUZ shows it running PCIe X 16 4 x16

Absolutely bizarre.

You used DDU to uninstall drivers and reinstalled latest?

Got latest chipset drivers and bios update from mobo support?

If so it's probably a dud GPU

Soldato
Absolutely bizarre.

You used DDU to uninstall drivers and reinstalled latest?

Got latest chipset drivers and bios update from mobo support?

If so it's probably a dud GPU
DDU is the last thing he has left to try as he's convinced it shouldn't cause a problem going from 20xx to 30xx but he's gonna get in with it tonight

Windows updated and motherboard flashed to latest stable release along with everything else we can think of so will update later and see what happens.

Caporegime
DDU is the last thing he has left to try as he's convinced it shouldn't cause a problem going from 20xx to 30xx but he's gonna get in with it tonight

Windows updated and motherboard flashed to latest stable release along with everything else we can think of so will update later and see what happens.

After you flashed the motherboard did you do a CMOS reset? As sometimes if you try and keep settings between flashes it can severely mess everything up.

DDU is simple and no harm in using it so I see no reason not to. If that doesn't work I'm guessing the card is borked. I would transfer the card to another PC if you can and test it in that if it's the same then you know it's the card if it works fine then you know it's something to do with the motherboard I imagine.

Soldato
After you flashed the motherboard did you do a CMOS reset? As sometimes if you try and keep settings between flashes it can severely mess everything up.

DDU is simple and no harm in using it so I see no reason not to. If that doesn't work I'm guessing the card is borked. I would transfer the card to another PC if you can and test it in that if it's the same then you know it's the card if it works fine then you know it's something to do with the motherboard I imagine.
DDU done. no change. bios hasnt been touched so shouldnt need to be cleared ?
Trying warzone its struggling to over 120 fps, his 2080ti used to get around 130 and a friend of ours who has a 3080 and a 3600 can hit 170+ (3080ti is paired with a 3700x)

Associate
DDU done. no change. bios hasnt been touched so shouldnt need to be cleared ?
Trying warzone its struggling to over 120 fps, his 2080ti used to get around 130 and a friend of ours who has a 3080 and a 3600 can hit 170+ (3080ti is paired with a 3700x)
What sort of core and memory clocks is it running in game?

Associate
I'm going to be taking another chance on this HOF card as the Gigabyte Eagle I got today has a faulty PCIE port and I cant fit my psu 8 pin cable into it. So this is going back as faulty.

Hopefully when I get another HOF it won't have severe coil whine... just a note, the HOF needs 3x 8 pin pcie, not 2. But the HOF comes with 3 extension cables that look pretty nice. It also a big card, only just fits in my Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic, and I have to use the supplied extension cables to get it to fit, otherwise using standard psu cables I couldn't get the glass panel back on.

Did you ever get another card? I just installed mine and it has serious whine too. Really debilitating and I'm hoping it'll die down soon or I'm going to have to look at returning it

Associate
Did you ever get another card? I just installed mine and it has serious whine too. Really debilitating and I'm hoping it'll die down soon or I'm going to have to look at returning it
No I haven't yet as I'm still waiting for the refund from the Gigabyte. This doesnt sound very promising though... I was hoping mine was a one off, unlucky card. However customer support from overclockers has been good. I'm hoping the next card will be problem free.

Associate
I have tried the KFA 3080 SG and didn't care for it because the leds were really crap, the software gives you the full colour wheel but when going through the blues lets say, you only actually get a few shades. When i plugged it into the motherboard header and set it to the same colour as my fans, it was a fair bit different.

So a question to those that has this card, whats the lighting like?

Back
Top Bottom