Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2021, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12

Rate the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
How dare you being logic into this?

Reading this thread is like being surrounded by Karen’s on Facebook.

No, it's not at like being surrounded by Karen's on Facebook.
It was obvious from 2pm that this race was dubious at best. By 4pm it was even more obvious. When the safety car led them all out for those last 2 laps it was actually raining even harder than it was at 2pm.
Sorry, but there was only one reason for those 2 laps and it was a deliberate decision made so that the paying public could not claim a refund. It's not the first time it's happened in motorsport, or even F1 for that matter.

Soldato
It was obvious from 2pm that this race was dubious at best. By 4pm it was even more obvious. When the safety car led them all out for those last 2 laps it was actually raining even harder than it was at 2pm.
Sorry, but there was only one reason for those 2 laps and it was a deliberate decision made so that the paying public could not claim a refund. It's not the first time it's happened in motorsport, or even F1 for that matter.

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

Unless you've got a Crystal Ball, in which case I suggest the FIA would appreciate it on loan.

Caporegime
You cannot tell me something you don't know for a fact, as you have not experienced it first hand.

Untill you have experienced it first hand, all you have is an opinion, and you can suggest an opinion, people can then be free to listrn or ignore it, you can never tell someone an opinion.

I have driven various classic F1 cars including a 2014 Ferrari, for the past 7 years in various championships, on dozens of circuits includung Spa, in all weathers, so feel i have experience to back up what im talking about with fact and first hand knowledge.

What actual first hand experience of driving an F1 car have you had?

Zero i suspect.

Anyone can say anything on the internet. I have been into space on the Space Shuttle.

Man of Honour
Anyone can say anything on the internet. I have been into space on the Space Shuttle.
Literally the worst backdown in history.
Yes, it is. Literally not one single person on the planet knew what was going to happen with the weather.
I’ve been at Spa on many track days and I’ve seen sun, rain and snow all in the space of a few hours.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
F1 I inheriantly much more dangerous than most other sports in perfect conditions. To add an obvious danger where drivers physically cannot see the other cars isn't dangerous, it's completly wreck less to send them out.

Is it?

I'll be kind for a second and assume that you meant 'most other motorsports'. And then ask:

More dangerous than WRC, with production car based chassis on loose surfaces with trees right alongside?
More dangerous than IndyCar, with higher top speeds and the challenges of pack racing on ovals?
More dangerous than Top Fuel/Funny Car/Top Alcohol racing, with the incredibly high acceleration and trap speeds, and the terribly narrow margins of error?
More dangerous than BTCC, with the almost certain knowledge that the guy next to you is a complete gimboid who shouldn't be anywhere near a race car (and neither should you for that matter)?

Puh-leeze.

They've spent a lot of time and even more money making these cars as safe as possible, to the point where we have the drivers so buried in the cockpit that they cant see their own wing mirrors. They have the wheelbase of your average freight lorry, so they're incredibly stable in the handling department. And they can't push flat-out, because the rules stop them from doing so with the lack of tyres and the engine mileage limitations and the fuel and...

Caporegime
Is it?

I'll be kind for a second and assume that you meant 'most other motorsports'. And then ask:

More dangerous than WRC, with production car based chassis on loose surfaces with trees right alongside?
More dangerous than IndyCar, with higher top speeds and the challenges of pack racing on ovals?
More dangerous than Top Fuel/Funny Car/Top Alcohol racing, with the incredibly high acceleration and trap speeds, and the terribly narrow margins of error?
More dangerous than BTCC, with the almost certain knowledge that the guy next to you is a complete gimboid who shouldn't be anywhere near a race car (and neither should you for that matter)?

Puh-leeze.

They've spent a lot of time and even more money making these cars as safe as possible, to the point where we have the drivers so buried in the cockpit that they cant see their own wing mirrors. They have the wheelbase of your average freight lorry, so they're incredibly stable in the handling department. And they can't push flat-out, because the rules stop them from doing so with the lack of tyres and the engine mileage limitations and the fuel and...

Amen. F1 is one of the safest motorsports out there.

Soldato
Is it?

Puh-leeze.

WRC production cars?...yo mean the car where they make a road going version that pale in comparison to the roll bar cell structures they build the car around lol? Timed racing no others in sight, they have roofs and window wipers and comparing its bad weather to a track with aero directly focing the rain into the other drivers visor?
Inday Car...a Stock car that has had as many revisions on safety cell work and only does ovals that massively reduces impacts by its very nature?
No idea what top fuel racing is to be fair
BTCC..please...come on now..seriously?
F1 is very safe in comparison what is happen in the car, but tell me..what any of those other races in those categories had a car spin off track break in half and burst into flames trapping the driver on a perfectly fine dry track?
Lets remember this arguments point, it was made saying that they should have raced in completely unacceptable conditions, comparing it to others in this realm is pure nonsense. ANYONE who has done any kind of track day on a circut in some rain would know this.

Soldato
If it were the same conditions on most other tracks, they could have probably started but given the potential dangers at Spa, they made the right choice not too. Wasn’t worth it.

Soldato
If it were the same conditions on most other tracks, they could have probably started but given the potential dangers at Spa, they made the right choice not too. Wasn’t worth it.
Your right it wasn't worth the danger but it was still worth it to do a couple of laps behind the safety car just to bank the spectators cash.

Man of Honour
Literally the worst backdown in history.

Yes, it is. Literally not one single person on the planet knew what was going to happen with the weather.
I’ve been at Spa on many track days and I’ve seen sun, rain and snow all in the space of a few hours.

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

Unless you've got a Crystal Ball, in which case I suggest the FIA would appreciate it on loan.

The great thing in this era of F1 is that we don’t need to use crystal balls or guess, we have a weather radar that showed heavy rain incoming until at least 6pm, as it had been for much of the day. Many of the spectators, quite rightly, are ******. This is a bigger farce than Indy 2005, that at least saw a race versus today’s 2 lap procession behind the safety car, that in its own right was dangerous, in order to secure peoples hard earned cash - as Hamilton said, cash is king.

I hope you're trolling... If not I've got some terrible news.

Either way, that’s an amazing post :D

Back
Top Bottom