Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2021, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12

Rate the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It's not that the race didn't happen that annoyed me (lets be honest there wasn't a slot of more than a few minutes in the whole 3-4 hours where anything could have happened) it's the utterly cynical way they came out purely to do a couple of laps to game the system and take the **** out of the paying fans who had sat in the rain all weekend supporting them.

Leaves a totally bad taste in the mouth.

Caporegime
They appear to have got confused over whether they can award points and are adjusting the rules to suit. Red flag you take the results from a lap earlier.
So they completed 1 lap so not a race at all.

Red flag rules, you take results from last full completed lap.

They completed two full laps, so results stand at end of last full completed lap, read at end of lap two.

Associate
Now, now. That's enough common sense for one day. Plus it's a spoiler. ;)

What they showing as a filler ... let me guess. Come Dine with Me?

What rule says no spoilers? If someone doesnt want spoilers, dont read internet. My wife knows not to have radio on if we are driving home later on a race day so i can watch recording not knowing result but i dont expect the world to facilitate it FOR ME!!!

Soldato
Apparently there's something possibly interesting going on. As in they didn't complete enough laps to award points. :D

Red flag was apparently flown part way around the 2nd lap, so.... Yeah.

Masi doing a good job. :rolleyes:

Yeah, countback rule. Would go as the end of Lap 1, meaning it wasn't the minimum distance of two laps to score points...

Caporegime
You've got to give Hamilton some credit on this, instead of taking the corporate line he's standing up for the fans who will rightly feel robbed.

I wouldn't expect Terms and Conditions that say that say if a provider doesn't deliver the service expected of them then it's tough **** to stand up in any decent court.

Soldato
If the race cant go ahead because reasons, then I’m fine with falling back and points being handed out for quali results instead, which is essentially what happened.

Definitely feel for the fans, though. That’s got to suck.

Transmission breaker
Don
You've got to give Hamilton some credit on this, instead of taking the corporate line he's standing up for the fans who will rightly feel robbed.

I wouldn't expect Terms and Conditions that say that say if a provider doesn't deliver the service expected of them then it's tough **** to stand up in any decent court.

Devils advocate...

But what did they buy tickets for? Two of the three scheduled races took place on the day...

Soldato
It's not that the race didn't happen that annoyed me (lets be honest there wasn't a slot of more than a few minutes in the whole 3-4 hours where anything could have happened) it's the utterly cynical way they came out purely to do a couple of laps to game the system and take the **** out of the paying fans who had sat in the rain all weekend supporting them.

Leaves a totally bad taste in the mouth.
Yep

Commissario
What rule says no spoilers? If someone doesnt want spoilers, dont read internet. My wife knows not to have radio on if we are driving home later on a race day so i can watch recording not knowing result but i dont expect the world to facilitate it FOR ME!!!
The F1 threads are not spoiler-free zones.

Associate
I hope you're trolling... If not I've got some terrible news.

Just fast forwarding through the live coverage and only got a few laps :mad:

But why are C4 are only doing an hour? Usually the highlights consist of 30-40 mins pre-race coverage which they've missed out completely.

I do hope the fans get a refund.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Masi hasn’t fulfilled me with any confidence since he took over from Charlie. The guy is terrible and often makes the wrong call but what annoys me is that he then doubles down on the BS instead of admitting when he’s wrong.

Hard to say what he could have done differently today but for sure, I’d have been looking at holding the event tomorrow (weather permitting) than allowing that farce today.

Soldato
100% right thing regards the safety aspect of the race/drivers in terms of delay etc. No issues with that at all.

However, to run 2 or 3 laps simply to say there is a confirmed result is pathetic. There was no way in that 60 minutes there was EVERY going to be any "race" - it was done purely to say a race was run, points can be awarded etc

Should simply be a void result/nothing confirmed. You can't play 10 minutes of a football match and with one team 1-0, call that a "result"

Back
Top Bottom