Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2021, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12

Rate the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Transmission breaker
Don
Hard to say what he could have done differently today but for sure, I’d have been looking at holding the event tomorrow (weather permitting) than allowing that farce today.

Holding the race tomorrow was just not an option. The list of things that would need to be sorted would be simply ridiculous.
It would also not help most of the travelling fans who likely would not have accommodation, days off/etc.
Start to think of the logistics, it's basically impossible to do at such short notice.

Soldato
Holding the race tomorrow was just not an option. The list of things that would need to be sorted would be simply ridiculous.
It would also not help most of the travelling fans who likely would not have accommodation, days off/etc.
Start to think of the logistics, it's basically impossible to do at such short notice.

also with the next race only a week away it could impact badly on that.

Associate
When I saw the highlights were delayed I was worried that it was due to an accident or injury.

So although it's disappointing there was no racing it could have been worse.

The laps under the safety car to fulfill the contracts was straight out of the Bernie big£££ playbook.
Some things in F1 never change.

Associate
Well what an anti-climax!
I guessed the race was delayed because highlights were also
Guess they had to try it at 5:25 if it had stopped raining or at least lessened
Listening to interviews after, just lack of daylight was the hinderance

on the plus side; George Russell podium and double points for Williams AGAIN!

Kinda feel for Norris because he would have been there or thereabouts but he’s still 3rd in the WDC!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Glad we went out with the family. I Was afraid to miss a great changing conditions race and spoil the result before I got to see it. Had a better time out and about, so result! Hopefully next week proves to be a decent race.

Also on the plus side, less miles on engines.

Caporegime
What a **** take! I’d be fuming if I was a fan and got refused a refund because of the shenanigans of “running the race”.

I knew something was up when I saw the recording on Sky was over 7 and a half hours lol

Soldato
I recorded the race or so I thought - started watching and couldn't understand it had finished - Had a massive hissy fit about my Humax box then came on here - Now I know.
Must go and apologise to wife for outbust of foul language.
Arrrrrrrrr!!

Associate
Where was the race?! :(:confused::eek::mad::rolleyes:

I’ve watched F1 since 1989, and I’ve honestly never seen anything like this. I somehow feel similar to how I felt after USA 2005, as different as the circumstances were today.

The only things I can find to say about this one which aren’t negative:

1. We’ve smashed the record for the shortest ever F1 Grand Prix

2. Epic result for George Russell

3. The result has closed the title race up even more.

But what an anticlimax. Spa is always the race I probably look forward to the most every year, along with Monza! Ugh… :-/

Soldato
You cannot tell me something you don't know for a fact, as you have not experienced it first hand.

Untill you have experienced it first hand, all you have is an opinion, and you can suggest an opinion, people can then be free to listrn or ignore it, you can never tell someone an opinion.

I have driven various classic F1 cars including a 2014 Ferrari, for the past 7 years in various championships, on dozens of circuits includung Spa, in all weathers, so feel i have experience to back up what im talking about with fact and first hand knowledge.

What actual first hand experience of driving an F1 car have you had?

Zero i suspect.
You have driven a 2014 Ferrari F1 car? Interesting and impressive in equal measure what were the circumstances around that? What track etc ?

The list of things ? Few of the teams suggested they could handle it without issue :confused:
As people have said it’s the 2 laps to fulfil the race and financial obligation’s which leaves a sour taste.

Man of Honour
Hamilton is moaning about the 2 laps and end of race. Why? Because his lead has shrunk! Thats the real reason why!

But Alonso, Norris and Vettel saying that no points should be given is absolutely fine though?

It was a complete travesty to even call this a race. Hell, even calling it an event is pushing it.

Caporegime
Imagine paying to go to a music concert, being kept waiting 3 hours in the rain because the artists are scared of slipping on the stage and then because it's getting late and they don't want to reschedule they just play one of their music videos on the big screen and call it a day. Absolute daylight robbery how can F1 expect to get away with it?

They even posted a Twitter message apologising that there was "no race", promptly deleted it and then put it back up apologising that the "race" was so short. They must think their fans are a bunch of legalistic morons.

Soldato

Blimey talk about stop digging, we all know that the race doesn't continue once a red flag is shown, you don't go on to complete a red flag lap in the pit lane, what a joke.

It's interesting that Masi's quote in that article says 3 laps were completed, the 3rd being when the cars crossed the control line in the pit lane.

I thought since Brawn and Schumacher pulled that stunt of finishing in the pits in 1998 that you couldn't finish a race by crossing the line in the pits. Three stewards lost their licences over that debacle.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's interesting that Masi's quote in that article says 3 laps were completed, the 3rd being when the cars crossed the control line in the pit lane.

I thought since Brawn and Schumacher pulled that stunt of finishing in the pits in 1998 that you couldn't finish a race by crossing the line in the pits. Three stewards lost their licences over that debacle.
My thoughts exactly. Masi is taking the Michael, on this one!

Back
Top Bottom