Bizarre Bluetooth Issues.

X82

X82

Associate
My PC is about a year old now. I spent A LOT of money on it (at the time) and been very pleased. But I had an issue since day one I never thought to have looked into.

My Motherboard (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER) has on-board Bluetooth which has never worked right. It has been so long now I don't remember what its problem was, but it must have been bad enough for me to end up buying a USB one and turned off the on-board. I started having issues with that dongle too ( this time, it would unpair my controller and I had to rescan and reconnect each time) so blamed it on the price I paid for the dongle which was very cheap. I bought a more expensive one which was working great and the previous disconnects were gone.

When playing Rocket League (there is no pattern for this to happen, just random it seems) every input I do on my Xbox One controller which is paired, there is a noticeable delay. I press left and a full second passes before anything happens.

To make sure I wasn't going mad, I used this website to monitor my controller on my second screen.

When this problem happened the website showed my analogue stick inputs as "glitchy". Obvious delays, analogue inputs moving in a way I can only describe as very low framerate. This problem occurs for about 15 seconds then seems to stop. Today it happened twice in 10 minutes. Before today, not happened for at least a week.

I also noticed that if the input was lagging and I pulled the battery from the controller, the entire PC would grind to a halt. I would drop some serious frames and the game would stutter badly for about 5 seconds. Once connected again it worked ok but then on afterwards there was frame drops and stuttering. It is almost like the PC is reacting badly to the face a Bluetooth device was disconnected.

To be clear, I don't have any other Bluetooth devices to test, so my troubleshooting skills are limited.

I could eliminate this problem by just connecting a micro-usb to my PC, job done. But before I do, I wanted to check if there is a way to fix this? Do I need to buy yet another USB Bluetooth dongle?

X82

X82

Associate
OP
Yup. Everything is up to date as far as I can tell. Also love how I don't get email notifications of replies.

Associate
Can you make sure you've disabled the on-board bluetooth in device manager ? From what I've read there's no option to turn it off in BIOS on that board. If it's still enabled (or an update or something re-enabled it) that could cause glitchy issues when using the dongle too.

Associate
I use a B550e board, and with the recent windows updates it just stopped working. I looked for solutions everywhere, and not seemed to get it back to working order. Dongle is probably the best way forward just dsable bluetooth in Bios to avoid interference.

Associate
Most probably a driver is what is causing the issue. My friend with an MSI, X570 motherboard with onboard wifi / Bluetooth solution had general lag and freezes while gaming. Disabling the Bluetooth solved the issue. A driver update from the manufacturer's website solved the issue though. On the Asus website, the latest wifi / Bluetooth drivers are from 16/6/2020. Maybe you can try some newer drivers, provided by Intel for your wifi / Bluetooth Intel Wireless-AC 9560. The 2 drivers were updated on August 2021 so hopefully, they will fix your problem.

Back
Top Bottom