E10 Petrol: Anyone concerned?

Soldato
Its up to E10, not minimum. They can still sell E5 but they have to change the label.

E10 is an inferior product being forced on everyone, some places could use less but they cant advertise it :\

Last edited:
Soldato
Not much point if the tank needed filling up, to then put E5 in it and then drain it a day or two later for E10, might as well put E10 in it and be done with it
Why would they drain it, makes zero difference e5 is still E10 compliant. Just top up the tank with e10.

Soldato
Why would they drain it, makes zero difference e5 is still E10 compliant. Just top up the tank with e10.

I was under the impression that normal unleaded had to switch to E10 by the 1st September. If you filled a tank up with E5 a day or so before the 1st September then how would that work if it was still mostly full of E5?

Man of Honour
E5 Vpower and E10 poor person petrol according to the pump I was looking at on Saturday when filling up my car.

It annoys me poor people get newer stuff first. I assume ill get E20 or something soon?

Soldato
I was under the impression that normal unleaded had to switch to E10 by the 1st September. If you filled a tank up with E5 a day or so before the 1st September then how would that work if it was still mostly full of E5?
Wait, did you seriously think you'd have to drain out the E5? :confused:

Edit: oh you mean the petrol station storage :cry: i thought you mean Joe Bloggs tank in his Focus needed emptying!

Soldato
I don't think it is, as far as UK regulations go, I think we've mandated a minimum 5.5% ethanol content too.

Whilst they'd not be making people drain tanks etc. and I think there is provision for having to sell E5 under certain circumstances, I don't think it's correct to say E5 is E10 compliant in terms of the way the UK is regulating it.

Soldato
Wait, did you seriously think you'd have to drain out the E5? :confused:

Edit: oh you mean the petrol station storage :cry: i thought you mean Joe Bloggs tank in his Focus needed emptying!

Haha, no I was talking about why certain petrol stations would have moved over to E10 early, as petrol stations cant be expected to change to E10 overnight if they have tanks full of E5 come 1st September . I wasnt sure if they would need to drain the tanks, or perhaps the suppliers could dump a load more ethanol in the tanks to make it up to E10 to get rid of the E5 left over. Just wasnt sure how it worked

Soldato

Only the branding has to change to "E10". It's a big farce.

Super can be E0 (and some is) but they still have to sell it as E5.

Caporegime
Only the branding has to change to "E10". It's a big farce.

Super can be E0 (and some is) but they still have to sell it as E5.

What branding has changed? 95Ron has to be E10 from the 1st, what's this branding and farce you are referring to?

Soldato
What branding has changed? 95Ron has to be E10 from the 1st, what's this branding and farce you are referring to?

They have to change the label to E10, but they can still sell 5% in the tanks. They aren't going to have to drain it all and refill.

Caporegime
They changed to E10 weeks ago to ensure compliance with 1st Sep deadline. Why do you make stuff up?

The technical label changed, i don't see any brand changes.

Soldato
They changed to E10 weeks ago to ensure compliance with 1st Sep deadline. Why do you make stuff up?

Read what the regulations says, it says up to 10%, not that it has to be 10%. But still have to sell it as E10 no matter how little they use...

Soldato

I filled up at Texaco yesterday and it was labelled E5 still. Which one of you is correct?

Back
Top Bottom