Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Soldato
For all those who are getting this game again please please check out its newer brother Grim Dawn, even better than TQ

Arguable IMO - never really got into Grim Dawn for some reason whereas I've logged hundreds oh hours on TQ!

"Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets" - hmmmm, not too sure about this - I used to sort of follow a TQ mastery guide back in the day called "Poinas' Guide" - looks like I'll have to learn all over again! :D

Associate
Arguable IMO - never really got into Grim Dawn for some reason whereas I've logged hundreds oh hours on TQ!

"Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets" - hmmmm, not too sure about this - I used to sort of follow a TQ mastery guide back in the day called "Poinas' Guide" - looks like I'll have to learn all over again! :D

Hahah Poinas's spirit guide using dream/spirit and a staff shooting out 3 projectiles each with -15% flat health decrease?

Sad that i still remember this?

Soldato
OP
new patch 30mb

23rd September 2016
+ Added support for Borderless window mode. Use -borderless as command line parameter
+ Added more detailed crash reporting
+ Reduced amount of files and size for save games by 80%. Steam cloud should work much faster now,
- Fixed possible startup crash related to missing system fonts
- Fixed bug in "Double Standard" achievement
- Fixed "xtagMenuError1" when using Editor
- Improved some deatils in european languages
- Fixed chinese Onslaught description
- Bigger UI for 3k resolutions when using High scale option
- Fixed bug, where actual server name could be different than the one displayed while creating a game.
- Fixed bug, where Eye of Chaos was not dropping when game speed was above normal
- Creeping Slimes now absorb 75% Piercing Damage rather than having 80% Resistance
- Fixed residual poison resistances on Undead
- Gorgon Queens flee less and move at increased speed when they do
+ Gorgon Queen Stheno occasionally charges
- Lowered Elemental Resistance on Bandari
- Lowered Mana Regeneration on Alastor
- Tweaked Alastor AI
- Changed Typhon's Life/Mana Leech skills to not hit behind him
- Changed Typhon's fire breath to use a wave effect
+ Improved effect on Typhon's poison bolt and added a 1m explosion radius
- Halved Bleeding Duration on Yaoguai's individual Gore combo hits
- Lowered Sickle of Kronos level requirement to 73
+ Added a new type of wraith
- Fixed missing sound on Sepulchral Wyrms' new fire breath
- Lowered volume of Battle Rage activation
- Tweaked Limos life stealing range
+ Circle of Power now also grants +100% to Bleeding Damage
- Reduced cast range of Herbalism
- Increased cast range of Lay Trap
- Minkah (Shadow Stalker Hero) does not teleport quite as much
- Vince is now a champion rather than a quest monster and casts more often
+ Boar Riders have a chance to drop Boar's Hide
- Boar's Hide now grants only half as much armor but 10%/20%/30% Bleeding Resistance
- Suffix "of the Wilds" now also grants 24% Bleeding Resistance
- Fixed some element resistances being too low on high level amulets
+ Amulets can now drop with Poison Resistance prefixes
+ Added new Relic: Aegis of Athena (Vitality and Petrification Resistance for Shields)
- Increased Vitality Resistance on Crystal of Erebus charms
- Numerous Relics and Charms can now get Vitality and Bleeding Resistance completion bonuses
- Increased Epic/Legendary XP bonus to 12% and 25%

Enjoy!

Soldato
Time to dig this up!

Just starting Titan quest for the first time!

They have added Controller support (via a beta patch) so I'm trying it and so far plays pretty well.

First timer but so far I like it, been after something to scratch the diablo itch. It's dated, sure, but feels pretty good and I love the setting.

Any tips?

I just have Anniversary, may grab the DLCs at some point if I stick with it.

Soldato
Time to dig this up!

They have added Controller support (via a beta patch) so I'm trying it and so far plays pretty well.

First timer but so far I like it, been after something to scratch the diablo itch. It's dated, sure, but feels pretty good and I love the setting.

Any tips?

Have you tried Grim Dawn ? If not, there is a mod for that game that were inspired by Diablo I and II - Reign of Terror - Might be worth checking out maybe ?

Here is the link to the Grim Dawn thread that exists here.

Soldato
Have you tried Grim Dawn ? If not, there is a mod for that game that were inspired by Diablo I and II - Reign of Terror - Might be worth checking out maybe ?

Here is the link to the Grim Dawn thread that exists here.

Thanks I may take a look.

I've had Grim Dawn for years but never really got deep into it. They added controller support so I should try it again. (Controller is key as I play via the TV on the sofa)

Soldato
Time to dig this up!

Any tips?

Ooo interesting. I have been playing this on and off for some time. Love the game but sometimes find the controls annoying ... How does it play on a pad?

Soldato
Ooo interesting. I have been playing this on and off for some time. Love the game but sometimes find the controls annoying ... How does it play on a pad?

It feels ok, I think considering it wasn't built with gamepads in mind, they have done a good job.

It maps abilities to certain buttons etc. I'm early doors so I can't speak for how it will play when you have loads of abilities to use but at the mo it's doing good

It puts the correct button prompts on screen to (for an Xbox/windows controller)

Just have to go in to the games settings in steam and opt in to beta patches. The controller support is currently part of a beta roll out

Soldato
The 2 DLCs are just a few pounds each on CDKEYS. So is the main game, I got it for 2.99.

Pretty sure each expansion is about that price at the mo on there.

It took me an hour to realise you hold down "A" to pick up loot. It doesn't display visually on the screen? Or is there a setting to make it do so?

Like a bit of text to say "sword" or whatever is led on the ground like it would in say diablo 3?

Last edited:
Soldato
The 2 DLCs are just a few pounds each on CDKEYS. So is the main game, I got it for 2.99.

Pretty sure each expansion is about that price at the mo on there.

It took me an hour to realise you hold down "A" to pick up loot. It doesn't display visually on the screen? Or is there a setting to make it do so?

Like a bit of text to say "sword" or whatever is led on the ground like it would in say diablo 3?
Lol glad it's not just me! I played for ages moaning about no loot drops.

There is a key bind... Not sure which it is to show all loot names, all except junk loot, (white) or no names at all. Not sure if it's off as default or if I fat fingered it.

So you can turn it on to see your loot.

I want to say it is z or X on the keyboard but it's a wild guess.

Soldato
Lol glad it's not just me! I played for ages moaning about no loot drops.

There is a key bind... Not sure which it is to show all loot names, all except junk loot, (white) or no names at all. Not sure if it's off as default or if I fat fingered it.

So you can turn it on to see your loot.

I want to say it is z or X on the keyboard but it's a wild guess.

Ahh ok this sounds like what I'm after. I'll see if that can translate to a controller button :)

Thanks

Soldato
Please look up a build online that can get you through the game. I did my own thing and the difficulty spike at the end is ridiculous so I never finished it. :(

Thanks!

I'm trying to be as blind as possible to see how it goes. I did Google and find you can re-spend your skill points for a small fee which could be useful.

So far it's going ok, I'm dual wielding as a warfare class and have selected Dream as my second class. About level 12 now just in Delphi (or something like that)

Holds up well really. Though so far I only really have one move, just added another so until now it's just been holding one button in combat

My main gripe really is just the UI scale when playing at higher resolutions on the TV. Literally can't read the text unless I play at 1080p with large HUD selected. That's fine but would be nice to run a sharper resolution but keep the HUD the same as I have it now

Associate
I really enjoyed Titan Quest back in the day, I think it still stands up pretty well as a lightweight ARPG. You do end up using more skills as you get higher level but there are some pretty OP combinations, especially when you get some of the rarer items in the higher tiers. I remember I had a dual wielding Conqueror with the war standard thing that just melted everything.

Soldato
Never played this before and picked up the game and a couple of DLCs for about £9. I've had a look at some builds and going to be a Conquerer. I'm only lvl 6 atm so when I'm getting gear do I just go for the ones with the highest armour stats or should I ben looking at the ones with resistance etc? Enjoying it so far, nice little distraction.

Associate
In my experience nearly every arpg needs resists maxed asap, as you are only just starting out, I imagine you will need to focus on particular resists for the mobs you are fighting, iirc its fire in the 1st few areas, then changes to poison, been a while so I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom