Upgrading from a Predator z35 to something larger

Associate
I currently have a predator z35 that I am quite happy with.

In the same room I have also a 55" sony that cannot be used the way I want it to so I was thinking of selling both and getting a larger monitor to become the "main" entertainment source in this room.

What are my options? I do not mind waiting. I am not that fussed about form factor/aspect ratio but I do care about playable fps in my games.

I have a 3070 with a ryzen 5 that I do not/cannot upgrade for obvious supply issues.

I was thinking about waiting for the lg oled 42" next year but I am worried about the 4k resolution (also similar models do exist right now)

Any advice on lower resolutions?

Associate
OP
Associate
your best bet is its a living room PC is a LG 48 or LG 55 Oled with Hdmi 2.1. Long as your graphics card support Hdmi 2.1. You can also wait for the Aorus 48 OLED as that has display port

Associate
OP
your best bet is its a living room PC is a LG 48 or LG 55 Oled with Hdmi 2.1. Long as your graphics card support Hdmi 2.1. You can also wait for the Aorus 48 OLED as that has display port
its not for a living room, its going to be used 90% of the time as a desktop pc monitor so i think the 48 is very big.

Soldato
The lg 48 is big but if you have a deep enough desk it's pretty good, I have a 80cm deep desk and tv wall mounted. Still took a bit of getting used to but wouldn't go back to my old 38 ultrawide now

Associate
OP
The lg 48 is big but if you have a deep enough desk it's pretty good, I have a 80cm deep desk and tv wall mounted. Still took a bit of getting used to but wouldn't go back to my old 38 ultrawide now
The desk is 66cm deep unfortunately, and the reason for selling the 55 was because we cannot wall mount it it seems.
I think my best option is to wait till the 42lg comes out and if that doesnt work out get the xg43vq maybe

Soldato
The desk is 66cm deep unfortunately, and the reason for selling the 55 was because we cannot wall mount it it seems.
I think my best option is to wait till the 42lg comes out and if that doesnt work out get the xg43vq maybe
Yep, with a 66 desk and the stand push the screen even further towards you it would be a bit to much in your face

Back
Top Bottom