What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
It's kind of all the way through. Every time the main character is listening to music to hide his tinnitus, it becomes the soundtrack too. It's like you're listening to the music that he is listening to, but it's not every moment of the film, only (for example) when he's driving and listening to music.

I might take another look at it and see if it grabs me within...say... half an hour or so. Ta.

Soldato
I might take another look at it and see if it grabs me within...say... half an hour or so. Ta.

It's a fun little crime/car chase movie with some twists and a novel presentation for the music/soundtrack. It's certainly worth a watch and the acting is good from everyone involved, but it's not something I've gone back to watch again.

Soldato
The Dig - Based on true story (to which I will want to investigate for real) and it was an enjoyable watch. Well acted and although slow paced didn't feel out of place or felt like I was getting bored at all like a lot of films of late. 8/10

Caporegime
So... I watched Till Death and it was pretty awful.

Megan Fox (looking somewhat less foxy these days) pouts her way through what is supposed to be some kind of... thriller? suspense? I honestly don't know.

She spends most of her time outside in the middle of winter, with snow practically up to her armpits, dragging a dead body. Yet she never breaks a sweat, never gets cold, never develops flushed cheeks or a red nose and ears, etc. She is literally impervious to severe temperatures, even when sloshing her way through icy water.

She hides from the villains by moving silently whenever the plot requires it, and blatantly teleporting from one position to another when she's conveniently off screen.

Everyone in this movie is horrible and annoying, I just wanted them all to die, including Fox's character who is supposed to be the heroine.

I rate Till Death at 16.65 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a mediocre 5/10 on IMDB.

Soldato
Midnight in the Switchgrass - 5/10

Following on from the above post, another Megan Fox movie, with a bit of Bruce thrown in too. Not particularly good, 5 might be a generous score. Didn't seem all that well acted. Rather simple, almost like an elongated TV episode. Rather a simple and unsatisfying ending too.

Associate
I'm kind of the same with regard to this one. I mean, I did enjoy it enough for a once or twice in a lifetime viewing, but I don't have the same passion for it that many others do.
Sure it was alright to watch, it wasn't the most boring I've seen, just most of it seemed very... Pointless

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. It's for your own safety before the mob realize what you've done.

edit:
Hand in your movie watching licence at the nearest blockbuster and don't come back.

See, it's only just begun...

Last edited:
Soldato
The other half put 'The Watchmen' on the other day.

I quite enjoyed it actually, super hero movies aren't my thing usually, but this was way better than the usual Marvel rubbish.

I really like the Sin City/Max Payne feel to it. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I had any idea who the characters were etc....

Soldato

I quite enjoyed it actually, super hero movies aren't my thing usually, but this was way better than the usual Marvel rubbish.

I really like the Sin City/Max Payne feel to it. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I had any idea who the characters were etc....

The characters aren't something you'll find elsewhere. They are just meant to be golden/silver age archetypes, so they don't have a history in comics beyond their backstories in the movie which is taken from the original Watchmen comicbook.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's a standalone story, if you don't know who the characters are then you weren't watching very closely :D

Soldato

If you enjoyed it you may want to read the comic book. It's a great read.

Soldato
Watchmen is right up there with my favourite CB movies, mostly grabs the feel of the comic, despite the original writer Alan Moore apparently hating the movie. Quite a big change from the comic book ending too, for the better imo.

Soldato
Watched the new Suicide Squad over the weekend. I'm really struggling to see where all the brilliant reviews are coming from. I found it really boring and not particularly funny either (apart from maybe the Shark) which i'd been hoping for given some of the comments.

Back
Top Bottom