Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
There is a massive difference from wearos watch faces to the tzen ones.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JibberJabReviews/videos

Look at the watch designers for tyzen. they are in a totally diff league.
The Youtuber i have linked above showcases the best watch faces out there.

It's a matter of taste.

Ask the people who sold it to you, if they will do an android version.
There is a galaxy tizen to android conversion app. But the devs need to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got this email

Thanks for taking part in the Galaxy Watch 4 promotion.
Your claim has been successful!

You'll receive a separate email containing a secure link to redeem your Google Play Gift Code within 30 days. As soon as your reward has been processed, we'll email you to let you know.

Associate
Anyone that can speak to how useful a samsung watch is without the samsung phone? I have a OnePlus phone and really keen to get a decent smart watch but they all seem so siloed into their own ecosystem, this is exactly what gives Apple an edge when it comes to this sort of thing imo

Rumours of a new fitbit running wear os as well so maybe just wait on that?

Soldato
Anyone that can speak to how useful a samsung watch is without the samsung phone?

I believe the only missing functionality is the ECG and Blood Pressure monitoring if you use a Galaxy Watch 4 with a non-Samsung phone. There is also a way to get everything working on a non-Samsung watch, but I don't know how reliable/usable this is.

Associate
Anyone that can speak to how useful a samsung watch is without the samsung phone? I have a OnePlus phone and really keen to get a decent smart watch but they all seem so siloed into their own ecosystem, this is exactly what gives Apple an edge when it comes to this sort of thing imo

Rumours of a new fitbit running wear os as well so maybe just wait on that?

Using a Watch 4 with a OnePlus 7 Pro and it's the best experience I've had with a watch. Had a Tizen based watch years ago and a Ticwatch Pro 2020 before this.

As Squink mentions, the only functionality missing is the ECG and BP stuff but the workaround is pretty easy to implement if you're after it. I've been using it and it's pretty awesome tech though definitely not necessary to get a lot out of the device.

Associate
Using a Watch 4 with a OnePlus 7 Pro and it's the best experience I've had with a watch. Had a Tizen based watch years ago and a Ticwatch Pro 2020 before this.

As Squink mentions, the only functionality missing is the ECG and BP stuff but the workaround is pretty easy to implement if you're after it. I've been using it and it's pretty awesome tech though definitely not necessary to get a lot out of the device.

OOo so this is really interesting as I have a 9 Pro at the moment, and you get all the google pay and spotify integration etc?

Thanks for responding

Associate
Yup, Google Pay and offline Spotify works flawlessly for me. It's nice being able to ditch my phone on runs and just pair straight with the watch!

Thanks dude I'm sold, going to pop to Currys after work and hopefully make use of the current promotion on trading in, I have a Honor Band 6 which hopefully they'll take

Associate
Has anyone put a tempered glass screen protector on their galaxy watch 4 classic?.

I bought one from the rain forest, a spigen ezi fit one. very impressed with how easy it was to fit. It is almost invisable to look at also. and a better with finger prints ect on the screen.

Associate
Has anyone put a tempered glass screen protector on their galaxy watch 4 classic?.

I bought one from the rain forest, a spigen ezi fit one. very impressed with how easy it was to fit. It is almost invisable to look at also. and a better with finger prints ect on the screen.
I'm using the ones I bought for my Galaxy Watch 46mm, same screen size and also from the forest.

Associate
I also had some but the ones i used to use before were the soft tpu ones. i thought i would try these.
Yeah, I used the same ones on my wife's 42mm Galaxy watch and she's cracked 3 of them and each time she was sure the screen was broken.

They definitely save the screen, especially in heavy working conditions.

Back
Top Bottom