What controller do you use on your PC?

V F

V F

Soldato
The Elite 2 thumb sticks are a significant downgrade compared to the Elite 1 though. The very large amount of stick wobble means that small movements are far less accurate to make.

I use the Elite 1 on my PC and keep the Elite 2 for the XBox where huge auto aim makes up for the inaccurate sticks.

That would be extremely annoying. It's one thing have deadzones in most games, it's another having both software and hardware deadzones.

I assume most people check their controllers to make sure it doesn't have stick drift? https://gamepad-tester.com/

Permabanned
I use a One X pad but will grab another Elite at some point. Reason being I like to shift L3 and R3 to the back panels to save wear on the sticks. Its mad to think how bomb proof the 360 controllers were but Ive been through loads of One and One X pads.

Associate
I currently have the Series X controller and it's becoming my primary input over the M+K (to my surprise). Is the Elite 2 worth upgrading to? Is it that much of a leap?

Soldato
Xbox Series, custom controller that my wife got me from their configurator store. Pretty sweet actually. Before than, Xbox one and previously, 360. I love collecting controllers haha

Soldato
I still use a PS3 pad I'm not a fan of the new PS4 ones. Old habits die hard. Its increasingly a hassle to find drivers for it though and they tend to be unofficial so you're reliant on the whims of whoever is updating them, if ever

Associate
Xbox Series X controller. Going wireless on a pad is one of the best decisions I've made PC wise, especially jumping from a wired 360 pad. I just need to get a charge pack so I don't need to swap out batteries every few weeks
Would have gone elite but can't justify the cost for the added features.

Absolutely hate Dualshock controllers. Level analog sticks feel wrong, shapes instead of letters feels unintuitive and the tiny little things feel lost in my hands

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got some old street fighter edition Xbox controller, use it about 3 times a year, would have brought a console if I wanted to play games using a controller lol

Associate
The Elite 2 does look nice. Not sure I can justify the cost though...

Update: **** it, I bought it... god I'm weak :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I still use a 360 control because it works and i dont want to waste £15 - £20 on getting a USB thingy to make my wireless xbox one control work.
Wired XBox 360 controller currently.

Used a wireless PS4 pad with a Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle on my previous PC. However the PS5 pad with the same dongle does not work on my new PC. It syncs then immediately disconnects. I could spend time getting to the bottom of this but I seriously cba :p When you work in IT the last thing you want is IT problems at home, haha.

So back to the wired 360 pad, which works well enough.

I seriously don't get the hate for console pads from some PC gamers. I love controllers. I play all FPS, platformers, etc, with a pad.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I seriously don't get the hate for console pads from some PC gamers. I love controllers. I play all FPS, platformers, etc, with a pad.
:eek::cry:

You must get pwned a lot then. Lol. I like using console pads also, got 2 wired 360 pads, latest Xbox pad and PS5 pad. But only for games that it makes sense on, like say driving, football, fighting games etc.

Soldato
I still use a PS3 pad I'm not a fan of the new PS4 ones. Old habits die hard. Its increasingly a hassle to find drivers for it though and they tend to be unofficial so you're reliant on the whims of whoever is updating them, if ever

I only use my DS3 for retro gaming as it became increasingly more difficult to make the game work with new games, the amount of messing around to make any game playable just wasn't worth the effort. For software though, I use https://vigem.org/projects/BthPS3/ which I believe is the successor to Shibari.

Caporegime
:eek::cry:

You must get pwned a lot then. Lol. I like using console pads also, got 2 wired 360 pads, latest Xbox pad and PS5 pad. But only for games that it makes sense on, like say driving, football, fighting games etc.
I don't play MP. I've yet to find a SP FPS that couldn't be comfortably completed with a pad.

Associate
My Elite 2 is proving to be rather lovely. Being able to shorten my triggers and tighten the thumb sticks is great. I need to get used to the paddles though. I may download reWASD and play around with it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't play MP. I've yet to find a SP FPS that couldn't be comfortably completed with a pad.
I don't play MP either. But certain games just work much better on keyboard and mouse. There is no right or wrong, each to their own and all that, but still somewhat surprising :)

Soldato
Still using my Xbox 360 although I need a new one as the thumb stick rubber is wearing out and could do with a legit receiver as I don't particularly like having to enable windows test mode just to use a driver.

Mostly used for casual couch SP gaming and for flying in Battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom