What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watched the new Suicide Squad over the weekend. I'm really struggling to see where all the brilliant reviews are coming from. I found it really boring and not particularly funny either (apart from maybe the Shark) which i'd been hoping for given some of the comments.

If you're dying of thirst in the desert, even a glass of dirty water is going to taste like champagne.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, just baffled at the amount of favourable reviews.

Bizarre isn't it. No better than the first IMO and my partner preferred the first one. Not going to lie though, she genuinely likes the first one so make of that what you will!

With regards to Watchmen, utterly brilliant movie and does indeed put most of the Marvel films to shame. Doesn't rely on having any pre-existing affinity for the characters and its just really well done from start to finish.

Must get around to reading the comic sometime

Soldato
Can't say I particularly enjoyed either. I saw Watchmen when it was originally released and was entirely underwhelmed, and stopped watching the recent TV series after about the 3rd episode as I found that equally uninteresting.

The first time I watched it, I was not very impressed. But found it to be a grower, the second time I watched it I really liked it. I still think it's a very good super hero film.

Soldato
Spotlight - 8.5/10 - oscar winner from a few years back that I only just got around to watching.

The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core.

I was always unsure how they could make this kind of story engaging and worth watching for 2 hours. Glad I finally watched it, kept me glued for the entire runtime, didn't even go to the toilet (although was busting when the credits rolled) or check my phone once, was engrossing. Its utterly disgusting what was discovered, the coverups and pay offs from the Catholic church, the statute of limitations on accusations of child abuse, the list goes on.

All actors played it well, Mark Ruffalo a standout, as well as Stanley Tucci, I highly recommend it.

Spotlight - 8.5/10 - oscar winner from a few years back that I only just got around to watching.

I was always unsure how they could make this kind of story engaging and worth watching for 2 hours. Glad I finally watched it, kept me glued for the entire runtime, didn't even go to the toilet (although was busting when the credits rolled) or check my phone once, was engrossing. Its utterly disgusting what was discovered, the coverups and pay offs from the Catholic church, the statute of limitations on accusations of child abuse, the list goes on.

All actors played it well, Mark Ruffalo a standout, as well as Stanley Tucci, I highly recommend it.
I was rather disappointed with it but it was good that the story was told.

Back
Top Bottom