HP Care Warranty?

Soldato
I have had my HP Omen since last year and recently HP contacted me via email to offer a 20% discount on extending my warranty via HP Care. The extension to the warranty will be run until December 2023 and is £80 with the discount. Sounds like a no brainer to me but I'm unsure about HP Care, it sounds good but wondered what folks opinions were? The laptop spec is below:-

• Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor
  • RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB
Has anyone used HP care, is it worthwhile? I'm tempted to extend the warranty given the initial outlay/cost of the laptop and the fact that it gets very frequent use as my main gaming machine now.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Soldato
I've had 5 HP laptops (between me and the wife) and for the expensive ones the warranty extension was a complete no brainer. They typically get you to jump through a few hoops before authorising the return but once they do it's typically a pretty seamless experience.
They usually organise a machine collection, it's with them for a number of days then the repaired unit ships back out.

I've not had to use mine too often, but have had a screen replaced and also a battery replaced in warranty before.

As it's your main machine, I'd say go for it and get it, the machine will cost you substantially more than £80 to get repaired or replaced if it fails over the next 2 years you get covered, and the CPU and GPU are soldered to the mainboard so an expensive replacement if needed out of warranty.

Looking at your spec you'd likely not be spending much less than £1000 on a replacement and an extra 2 years of peace of mind is always handy. At the equivalent rate of £40 a year it seems a no brainer for something that is not possible to easily or cheaply self service if something goes wrong with the core components. Hopefully it won't be needed but better to have it than not!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers, thanks for the feedback, thats good to know that you have had a good experience with them! :)

I've went for the extended warranty, as you say with a gaming laptop of this spec it really is a no brainer :cool:

Soldato
Yes, between me and the wife have had 4 Omen 17s. They're reliable, seem to work without too many quirks, and come with MaxP/150W GPUs.

Some manufacturers give you more BIOS control, or power distribution control; the HPs are more fire and forget. Been happy overall with them; just wish they gave a bit more customisation/control.

Back
Top Bottom