Aliens Fireteam Elite

Soldato
I pre-ordered the deluxe version in the xbox store but it shows as the standard version available to install with the deluxe version still available to order?

How can I tell in game that I definately have the deluxe version? XBOX support werent very helpful

Soldato
I think the difference is just cosmetic unlocks? If so then the base game has very little other than a basic green weapon skin and no other immediately available outfits. The game is fun but priced correctly I feel, don't think the deluxe is worth it.

Matchmaking is completely broken as is always the case with new releases. Its not much fun playing with Alpha and Beta bots. Haven't managed to connect to a single game all weekend. It was slightly better yesterday in terms of no longer getting errors but still ended up having a fireteam populated by bots at the last minute. I tried turning cards on and off and juggling the difficultly but still nothing. Was I the only player active in a 3 day old game in Australia on a rainy Sunday afternoon?

If things don't improve this week would I have grounds for a refund? Can't see me playing much more without human players so bit of a waste of money. Bought it digitally through the MS store which I haven't done before.

Soldato
Thanks, managed to suss it out. Had to go via my order in profile/billing/orders and then in showed me the extra options to install. Didnt show me those in the manage game or store options.

Yes, I dont think the deluxe version is worth it over standard. I thought it included future map content but that looks to be coming FOC anyway

Associate
Played it now for almost 10 hours with a friend in total and I really don't get where the low to mediocre ratings come from, I guess it must be due to the difficulty of the game and it not being too much fun when playing alone.
If you like challenging games and have mates to play this with it's really amazing.

Soldato
Had a few games last night with human players, used the LFG feature which I hadn't really thought about as I haven't used it since I used to grind Lexington in the Division and I am too much of a casual player to have a robust friend list. Really liek the game, think its great. Looking forward to getting more time on it.

Caporegime
Know bugger all about this apart from it being a co-op shooter. Which makes me immediately think of Mass Effect 3. Is this a worthy alternative to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? A small PvE team up against waves of enemies with XP to unlock new things like skills, weapons and outfits?

Soldato
Know bugger all about this apart from it being a co-op shooter. Which makes me immediately think of Mass Effect 3. Is this a worthy alternative to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? A small PvE team up against waves of enemies with XP to unlock new things like skills, weapons and outfits?
I haven't played ME3 but that's essentially it. 3 player fire team. Lots of enemies. Missions plus a hoard mode. Not much thinking required, just point and shoot.

whats the single player gameplay like?
There isn't a single player as such. If you play on your own it fills the other two spots with AI bots so may as well play with other people. Missions are ok, there's a bit of a story but nothing compelling and certainly nothing ground breaking. I feel the environments are varied enough and there are 4 different classes to choose and rank up. As someone mentioned on the first page it is very much like World War Z (which I loved) but in the Aliens universe.
Matchmaking still broken though so using the somewhat clunky LFG feature.

Caporegime
Just bought this, feels pretty uninspiring after a couple of hours gameplay, they missed a beat Atmos would be incredible with the Alien sounds all around you etc.

Soldato
Think I'm done with this now. Ranked 3 classes all the way up, finished campaign on standard but struggling through intense difficulty (depending how good fellow team mates are) and don't feel too inclined to complete it, feels like a grind for little reward. Reasonable game overall for the price.

Back
Top Bottom