Heater for 3d Printing Cabnet

SBK

SBK

Associate
3d printer is in an unheated room, expect temperature to be below 10c in winter months. Plan is to construct a small enclosure for the 3d printer to stand in - lets say 2 foot cubed (600mm cubed)

What wattage heater will I need to raise the temperature to 20c before printing. Was thinking 50w ?

Anyone recommend a heater or use a heater and could may be give some thoughts and advice

I do know that below 10c the printer won't even turn on, message saying too cold apparently!. So I can't heat the enclosure from the bed.

Associate
3d printer is in an unheated room, expect temperature to be below 10c in winter months. Plan is to construct a small enclosure for the 3d printer to stand in - lets say 2 foot cubed (600mm cubed)

What wattage heater will I need to raise the temperature to 20c before printing. Was thinking 50w ?

Anyone recommend a heater or use a heater and could may be give some thoughts and advice

I do know that below 10c the printer won't even turn on, message saying too cold apparently!. So I can't heat the enclosure from the bed.

You could probably get away with enclosing the printer and use the heated bed to raise the temperature. You can also adjust the min temp with some firmware editing.

SBK

SBK

Associate
OP
firm ware editing - that would probably be the end of the printer. :D

out of curiosity though, where would you / how would you find the firm ware to edit ?

Associate
firm ware editing - that would probably be the end of the printer. :D

out of curiosity though, where would you / how would you find the firm ware to edit ?

What printer is it? It's probably running a manufacturers edited old version on Marlin. Marlin is free and can be downloaded and edited for a given printer.

It's not hard but worth watch a few YouTube videos first.

Associate
Random 3D printing chatter

I've got an enclosure out in the garage and was printing fine last winter where the temps were below 10c. I was printing with PLA and SPLA. Moved on to ABS in spring when it was warmer so no idea what success I would have had then but I imagine it'd still work fine.

Didn't even have a decent front cover...just a heavy sheet that was lying around as I ran out of sheet wood.

The heated bed will work by itself although I do set it to 50c and leave it for 20 minutes before printing and you can see the nozzle temp go up to around 25-26c which should be a good indicator of a localised temp at that point.

Back
Top Bottom