• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are RX 6800 XT not wanted?

Caporegime
I dunno, what with crossplay and so many in a server with massive pings - I think most people have forgotten about latency. Bring back the 120hz servers with auto kick pings >100. (or 60 for Europe). COmpetitive will be LAN or invite only - the rest is just dumbed down and just get on with it servers owned by game franchises. Battlefield 4 was the last game I saw where you selected the server frequecy right up to 120hz requiring players to be more local. Great when the game was popular but hard to find once it lost popularity.

Many try and play the game on the otherside of the world - a laggy ping gives an advantage of being harder to hit. On euro servers - anyone with a 70-80 ping I cant hit vs my <20 ping. Nemesis ping. Asia playing on euro servers in PUBG where it's low TTK - 'kin nightmare. Ruins the game for all. Only decent servers are adminned making the overall latency as close to LAN as possible.

I play Insurgency sandstorm as my shooter - and the amount of people that play with 200+ pings as they don't set the game region is mind boggling - rubberbanding all over the place on screen - then call the game rubbish because they can't hit anything. Making the server lag as it has to resolve to the highest ping. When you tell them they'd have a better game on a server nearer them, they argue that ping/latency doesn't make any difference. Or as 'Murican's say "Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter.

I think low latency ONLINE gaming went when lots of private servers went. Though many will think they are playing competitively and know nothing about latency - IQ, fps, monitor refresh - and seeing as 1080p is still 90% res for most gamers - I'm unsure as to how much latency adding in DLSS will.

Dunno how much image adjustment at the machine end would add to server latency. Nothing. Just be harder to see detail. Though competitive gamers turn most gfx settings to low so a bit of a moot point. Great image quality at native res on one hand - then all turned off because they want a competitive edge with low IQ.

PS - link to that RTX thread as interested - I have looked honest, but cant find it. CHeers
I did wonder if you would fix your quote. :p

Sure here is the post. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35047339

Granted not a game I have played or intend to.

Not tried Control either so will take you at your word for the improvements in that game.

Associate
Just gone to the nvidia store, they are not in stock so yes they are mythical. Waiting every hour of every day on discord for the tiny amount that are released occasionally does not chsnge the reality. They are mythical

That applies to pretty much all GPU's though, other than the retail scalped models hanging around in stock due to atrocious increases over msrp. To get any GPU at what's considered a reasonable price you need to be using stock alerts, I don't count the forum deals in this either, as these are not the norm and not open to everyone, that's just ocuk doing a solid for their customers.

Anyway, I'm off to play some red dead 2 with dlss on my mythical founders card that's sat staring at me through the case glass :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just gone to the nvidia store, they are not in stock so yes they are mythical. Waiting every hour of every day on discord for the tiny amount that are released occasionally does not chsnge the reality. They are mythical
Just anecdotally, but for me it was harder to get a PS5 than it was to get my FE GPU.

But everybody's experience is going to be wildly different as it's all down to sheer luck.

Associate
Hey all, so I'm planning a build, and cant help notice the amount of Asus RX 6800 XT instock... Would you say it was a just a decent delivery? Or do people not want them as much as Nvidia?

I understand DLSS in a big selling point but I can't help but think it can't be just DLSS surely?

Any ideas? Too expensive?

Probably find they are staying in stock because they aren't at all worth £1000.

It's a £589-670ish card. Likely they will continue to sit in stock till the prices normalise, it looks like the rush has died down and so prices should follow...eventually.

Associate
You don't have to guess, Gibbo said they have hundreds of these and more are coming. He also said they are selling very well. Seems AMD caught up with their production promises finally, just took them 6+ months...

I've seen news and photos showing hundreds of AMD cards by various AIB ending up with miners and lots of other shops - so there's stock now in general, just still badly overpriced and still selling fine apparently. One of the reasons prices will not drop anytime soon - there's no need. Irrelevant of DLSS, RT etc. - most people just don't know, don't care and don't read forums.

Man of Honour
I must be some sort of a miracle man... owned vega 56/64 then radeon 7 and now 6800xt - Honestly I can't remember the last driver issue I had... Possibly an isolated issue in boneworks ages ago but all these other issues I have never experienced. My 6800xt, I plugged it in, used it... not even sure I have played in the control panel for it. It's been rock solid tbh.

Caporegime
I must be some sort of a miracle man... owned vega 56/64 then radeon 7 and now 6800xt - Honestly I can't remember the last driver issue I had... Possibly an isolated issue in boneworks ages ago but all these other issues I have never experienced. My 6800xt, I plugged it in, used it... not even sure I have played in the control panel for it. It's been rock solid tbh.

Ah but what you say is only here say, whereas if a certain other poster states it, it's set in stone truth that nobody can argue with.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Had 7770, 7990, 290x, vega56 none of them caused any grief. Cant see why people think nvidia drivers are flawless. You check the thread on here or jump over to the nvidia forums you might be shocked how many complain about them!

Caporegime
Had 7770, 7990, 290x, vega56 none of them caused any grief. Cant see why people think nvidia drivers are flawless. You check the thread on here or jump over to the nvidia forums you might be shocked how many complain about them!

The "ati bad drivers" thing has followed them around like a bad smell since around the launch of the rage fury maxx back in 1999 and transitioned to "amd bad drivers" since the buy over. It's a stigma that seemingly will never go away.

Man of Honour
Ah but what you say is only here say, whereas if a certain other poster states it, it's set in stone truth that nobody can argue with.

Ahh i see - Its clearly a battle of NV vs AMD and not actually looking at the card objectively. Objectively the 6800xt is a very good card. Unless I need it for compute then 7 is better...

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The "ati bad drivers" thing has followed them around like a bad smell since around the launch of the rage fury maxx back in 1999 and transitioned to "amd bad drivers" since the buy over. It's a stigma that seemingly will never go away.

Largely down to people wanting to believe it. Of the small mindshare that try AMD, as they want something to be wrong with them they post how they sent it back without giving much of a go at finding the real issue. If you remember back to the vega days people were daisy chaining the PSU cable and later after providing separate ones suddenly the system issues disappeared. I think the 5700 did have some black screen issues that counted, but all other gens look to be largely fine so its a stigma that wont shift until a ryzen-esque phenomenon occurs where that mindshare swings over with volume to make better evidence.

Caporegime
Largely down to people wanting to believe it. Of the small mindshare that try AMD, as they want something to be wrong with them they post how they sent it back without giving much of a go at finding the real issue. If you remember back to the vega days people were daisy chaining the PSU cable and later after providing separate ones suddenly the system issues disappeared. I think the 5700 did have some black screen issues that counted, but all other gens look to be largely fine so its a stigma that wont shift until a ryzen-esque phenomenon occurs where that mindshare swings over with volume to make better evidence.

You mean, using the PSU as it comes? I've never understood this whole daisy chaining lark.

Back
Top Bottom