• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Soldato
I did just that. I sold my rx6800 and replaced it with a lower power card, an RX6600xt. The s/h prices of all cards that I was looking at were (and still are) stupidly high) £300 for an rx580 8gb, £400 for a 2060 (non super), rx5600xt for £450ish, Vega 56 around £500......the list goes on and on. I got the sapphire pulse rx6600xt for £419 from here brand new, warranty, I know the history of it too. Rx5700xt performance or slightly better, cooler, quieter and less power hungry, and its not that bad at running games quite frankly, just overpriced really by about £100 from what it really should be. Also the 3060 and 3060ti are just too expensive really, if the 3060ti was around £400-£450 then that would be the better choice imho.

Soldato
No, miners will want the vega as it mines more Hash than the 6600 can. The HBM2 memory is handy for some algorithms and the compute is better.

Ah I see, well definitely not worth the faff of selling and upgrading for minimal gain (at my settings and the games I play) if it would mainly be supporting the wasteful nonsense that is mining.

Caporegime
Ah I see, well definitely not worth the faff of selling and upgrading for minimal gain (at my settings and the games I play) if it would mainly be supporting the wasteful nonsense that is mining.
In the same boat, nearly did so last week. The 6600XT is faster and as said above, you will also get a warranty. However, something else has caught my interest - a 3060Ti can be had for around £400 on a good day. If I can supposedly sell my Vega 56 for anything above £300 on eBay, getting a 3060Ti would cost little to nothing.

There isn't even anything wrong my V56, it still handles 1440p well but it would be criminal not to try for a (potentially) free 50-100% performance upgrade (plus all of nVidia's bells and whistles).

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
In the same boat, nearly did so last week. The 6600XT is faster and as said above, you will also get a warranty. However, something else has caught my interest - a 3060Ti can be had for around £400 on a good day. If I can supposedly sell my Vega 56 for anything above £300 on eBay, getting a 3060Ti would cost little to nothing.

There isn't even anything wrong my V56, it still handles 1440p well but it would be criminal not to try for a (potentially) free 50-100% performance upgrade (plus all of nVidia's bells and whistles).

Do it. The Ti will be a good upgrade and reset the urge to last another few years comfortably. When it only cost you £0-100 for that upgrade its entirely worth it. If the arse falls out of the second hand market you wont be able to get a good price for the v56.

Soldato

It's not free if you're contributing to climate change and the bubble of crypto by selling it to a miner, and opening yourself up to being scammed to boot.

Its worth doing as you will get warranty on the new card, some extra fps with modern features.

Didn't have a warranty on my Vega 56 to begin with, and I use Chill (or whatever it's called these days) to limit frames between 48-75 anyway.

Caporegime
I don't drive a car, only eat meat Mon-Sat and helped plant 6 trees in the last 20 years - so not too concerned about the climate in this specific instance. Plus surely a more efficient card is a better thing? But scamming is something I am worried about.

Didn't even realise it was miners buying them up until this page, assumed they only want the new cards.

Associate

Vega sells for £315 at second hand shop (depending on model), they have some 6700xt at £600 at the moment = £285 risk free to upgrade

Soldato

As Thont also said,you might as well do it!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
A mate on my road couldn't buy his music/gaming rig prebuild as beginning of the lockdown the shop had no GPU stock. I told him to ring them and they sent the build minus the GPU. I put in my vega56 and sold to him for £150 as he's a mate, I could have made triple that from these second hand methods.

When you can pretty much get a brand new GPU for next to no outlay, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Once the market changes you don't want to be holding an ancient GPU wishing you had something that can handle games for another couple of years. Yes the vega is good but as we posted above it makes sense to trade it away and get the newer devices.

Associate
Selling the Vega 56 for circa £450 and buying a 6600xt is an absolute no brainer. And literally what I have just done.

cooler, quieter, more performance, far less wattage and new features such as SAM.

to make a small touch of money or a £0 upgrade is a great position to be in

to avoid scammers sell locally on selling apps for cash only?

Soldato
Thanks Gibbo!

IMG-0790.jpg

IMG-0791.jpg

Caporegime
It's not free if you're contributing to climate change and the bubble of crypto by selling it to a miner, and opening yourself up to being scammed to boot.
Wasting your time, this forum is over-run with miners these days :p

I've got a Vega 56 currently in a box doing nothing. Funny to think I could (maybe) sell it and my 3060TI would be free, ish.

But I'd rather it not end up in a mining rig, as I'm completely opposed to PoW mining for how intentionally wasteful it is. Maybe I'll wait for the bubble to burst then sell it. The money isn't meaningful, or rather it's less meaningful than who ends up using it. Scammers and miners need not apply :p

Back
Top Bottom