Carpet lines...

Soldato
So we've just had some new carpet fitted and we're really disappointed with the carpet we've chosen for the bedrooms. Our fault obviously, but it doesn't look anything like the sample... if the correct one has been fitted. Anyway, that's by the by.

The reason we detest it is because it does that thing where it changes colour depending on which way it's brushed... so one way it looks shiny, the other almost dirty. We think it looks absolutely horrible and chavvy, but when searching for further carpet inspo it turns out it's a good thing?!?

Searching for bedroom carpet on insta and there's loads of photos of fitters making patterns or so called 'carpet lines' and people commenting are going crazy for it!

Are we the weird ones??

Soldato
Carpet with a deep pile are prone to this you either learn to live with it or you don't (I hate it, it's why we've only got carpet on the stairs and oak or tiles everywhere else). It gets worse as well (sorry) as the repeated flattening of the pile from everyday use causes pile reversal which a is permanent marking of the carpet caused by the fibre ends bending over and reflecting light differently.

Our stair carpet has it because it's light gray and not looped (we have cats), it looks dirty / water marked even after mechanical washing but thankfully it's only a small carpet area.

Sorry if that makes it worse :(

Soldato
Worst i got new carpet thread ever

Worst thread without pics ever
No 7am Sainsbury delivery? Disappointed in you.

@OP - no pics, no problem. I assume it is crushed velvet grey though, in which case it was chavvy when selected. No sympathy, cover it up with a large corner sofa.

Soldato
Carpet with a deep pile are prone to this you either learn to live with it or you don't (I hate it, it's why we've only got carpet on the stairs and oak or tiles everywhere else). It gets worse as well (sorry) as the repeated flattening of the pile from everyday use causes pile reversal which a is permanent marking of the carpet caused by the fibre ends bending over and reflecting light differently.

Our stair carpet has it because it's light gray and not looped (we have cats), it looks dirty / water marked even after mechanical washing but thankfully it's only a small carpet area.

Sorry if that makes it worse :(
Sorry just posting to say pile reversal sounds painful :cry:. Nothing constructive to add:p.

Soldato
Dear Op im sorry that your’re disappointed but we dont care.

Didnt you pick the carpet from the place before you bought it????

You’d have a bit of sympathy if you were talking about a join being done in the wrong direction but i dont think you are so no luck, sorry

Back
Top Bottom