Gigabyte M27Q - burry text :(

Soldato
I bought said monitor the other day and it arrived with a couple of dead pixels so is due to be sent back. I'm in two minds regarding an exchange or refund and perhaps someone might be able to offer some advice. Aside from the dead pixels I do like the monitor a lot except for the fact that text appears quite a bit blurrier than on my old monitor that is the same resolution. I dont know if this is down to some kind of matte coating or other reason nor do I know if there are alternatives to the Gigabyte M27Q that have a similar spec and price but with clearer text.

Any advice you may be able to offer would be most appreciated.

Soldato
I bought said monitor the other day and it arrived with a couple of dead pixels so is due to be sent back. I'm in two minds regarding an exchange or refund and perhaps someone might be able to offer some advice. Aside from the dead pixels I do like the monitor a lot except for the fact that text appears quite a bit blurrier than on my old monitor that is the same resolution. I dont know if this is down to some kind of matte coating or other reason nor do I know if there are alternatives to the Gigabyte M27Q that have a similar spec and price but with clearer text.

Did you end up keeping it? Habe this currently on order...

Man of Honour
Are you using HDR? Windows and HDR is all kinds of problematic outside of movie and game use with problems with fuzzy text.

I've used a few panels with BGR layout (currently have a Philips 436M6 which uses it) and IMO it is only really acceptable on bigger panels (above 40") where you are sitting well back - again Windows tends to handle it badly.

Associate

Did a ton of reading about this and the others are correct as its down to the unusual BGR on this monitor. One of the reasons I never went for it as a spare bedroom one

Soldato
OP
@Goose did you still have this monitor?

No I returned it as it had a couple of dead pixels and I opted for a refund since it was out of stock and I just couldn't adjust to awful text. FWIW it's an excellent monitor in all other respects that i'd happily recommend if the text thing doesn't bother you.

Soldato
No I returned it as it had a couple of dead pixels and I opted for a refund since it was out of stock and I just couldn't adjust to awful text. FWIW it's an excellent monitor in all other respects that i'd happily recommend if the text thing doesn't bother you.

Got one delivered today and Benq ex2780q so will keep one of them.

Back
Top Bottom