• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
My Package Power in HWInfo is reported as 106 Watts, 4.7Ghz all core 5Ghz single. What are you doing to it? :eek:
For a start you are running a 5800X (so half the cores) plus you also do not look to have adjusted your EDC, PPT or TDC settings for PBO. Do you have PBO turned on? With PPT you are basically telling the motherboard how much power it can provide to the socket should you have the thermal headroom it will if needed. I have seen other users hitting 270W

EDIT - I ran CPUZ with only 16 threads and scored 10081 which is quite a difference from yours at 16 threads

Last edited:
Caporegime
For a start you are running a 5800X (so half the cores) plus you also do not look to have adjusted your EDC, PPT or TDC settings for PBO. Do you have PBO turned on? With PPT you are basically telling the motherboard how much power it can provide to the socket should you have the thermal headroom it will if needed. I have seen other users hitting 270W

EDIT - I ran CPUZ with only 16 threads and scored 10081 which is quite a difference from yours at 16 threads

PBO is advanced, i have a negative curve optimiser, don't need to touch EDC, PPT or TDC, are you gaining any more performance with PBO? i actually find i gain more by running a negative curve optimiser.

I think 16 threads in your case is 16 cores without HT.

Caporegime
What is your all core clock? its only supposed to clock to 4.2Ghz - 4.3Ghz all core to keep with in that 105 Watt TDP, like mine, but because i only have 8 cores it has the room to clock that 400Mhz / 500Mhz higher.

To be frank i just don't think you have that thing set up right, you have extended all the limits of the CPU so it will use them and you're probably burning 4.6 to 4.7Ghz on all those cores, which means its overcloked.

Associate
What is your all core clock? its only supposed to clock to 4.2Ghz - 4.3Ghz all core to keep with in that 105 Watt TBP, like mine, but because i only have 8 cores it has the room to clock that 400Mhz / 500Mhz higher.

To be frank i just don't think you have that thing set up right, you have extended all the limits of the CPU so it will use them and you're probably burning 4.6 to 4.7Ghz on all those cores, which means its overcloked.
I am using PBO, all core in CPUz is 4.7Ghz and all of my cores will pass 5Ghz. System is stable temperatures are fine no problems. As i said just fine tuned the PBO settings available to give me maximum performance. Do not think there is anything wrong with the setup but do think you have a lot of unused performance left in your system that you are not utilising

Caporegime
I am using PBO, all core in CPUz is 4.7Ghz and all of my cores will pass 5Ghz. System is stable temperatures are fine no problems. As i said just fine tuned the PBO settings available to give me maximum performance. Do not think there is anything wrong with the setup but do think you have a lot of unused performance left in your system that you are not utilising

No you're right its just overclocked :)

Well 16 cores at 4.7Ghz, that's a beast you have there.

Associate
ba0f5fec44fa40630a6fdc53eb845989d90e62d987e9f026b856aa8426f8a3e3.jpg

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom