*** Nintendo Switch ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Let's Go games were pretty bad. Thought I'd try one (2nd hand) to see how they were and nope I won't be buying one of those again.

They were a big nostalgia trip for me and were executed pretty well for what they were. Sw:Sh could have been so much better if they gave a crap though. Each to their own. Plenty of people don't care how much effort a studio puts into their games and are happy just for another cookie cutter entry in the franchise.

Soldato
Doubt it. Have nothing but contempt for the way the pokemon company/gamefreak treat their fans so I won't be giving them any of my money.

How so? These 2 are not game freak are they?

The Let's Go games were pretty bad. Thought I'd try one (2nd hand) to see how they were and nope I won't be buying one of those again.

I thought let’s go were decent, like fez says nostalgia and all that. It’s what I’m playing at the moment.

I prefer the games with the more original set of Pokémon than these new ones that have all weird and wonder monsters.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Does anyone know what the best/cheapest way for me to get a single joy con controller is? I don't care if it's third party, as long as it works and isn't rubbish. I only need one.

Is yours lost/physically damaged or just the usual drift. If its drift then talk to nintendo and be very firm about the fact its a known issue and they should fix it for free.

If its the former, probably ebay.

Soldato
Soldato
OLED model is now available to pre-order from several places.
Selling out fast and websites crashing just like happens with PS5 etc.

I got a pre-order in on the rainforest for a white one just in case I decide it's worth the upgrade. If I change my mind I can always cancel it or sell it

Associate
Got my pre-order in for the OLED model in July so hopefully that will ship at launch. 95% of the time I use it handheld so I'm really looking forward to the screen upgrade, I find the current LCD screen absolutely crap, even on a cloudy outdoor day it can be hard to see or gets completely washed out, if it's sunny then the screen is absolutely useless.

Man of Honour
Got my pre-order in for the OLED model in July so hopefully that will ship at launch. 95% of the time I use it handheld so I'm really looking forward to the screen upgrade, I find the current LCD screen absolutely crap, even on a cloudy outdoor day it can be hard to see or gets completely washed out, if it's sunny then the screen is absolutely useless.

The OLED is an old version of the technology so don’t get your hopes up for high peak brightness. There is also no anti glare coating.

Last edited:
Soldato
The OLED is an old version of the technology so don’t get your hopes up for high peak brightness. There is also no anti glare coating.

I echo this, I have an OLED TV specifically for a dark room as it's not bright enough to use in light conditions. I can't see the switch being any different. That said, the Vita one is good.

Back
Top Bottom