Red Notice [NetFlix]

Soldato
Can Ryan Reynolds do any other type of acting? He's the same in every movie!

I loved his style in Deadpool, but it's got boring now due to over exposure i think.

The Rock being the Rock and Gal Gadot still can't act, but wow, is she good eye candy :)

Soldato
Can Ryan Reynolds do any other type of acting? He's the same in every movie!

I loved his style in Deadpool, but it's got boring now due to over exposure i think.

The Rock being the Rock and Gal Gadot still can't act, but wow, is she good eye candy :)

I thought this about Ryan Reynolds, I thought how he played the deadpool roll was more based on the comic book, but then I watched a film he did pre deadpool and he was just the same

Soldato
Watched it last night and all I can think is the Director said action and told Dwayne and Ryan to ad lib as much as they could without a script being in place.

Background noise type of film.

Man of Honour
Very meh, I think my exact words to the Mrs when it ended was "it'll be popular because of the cast" but it's very 3rd rate action film territory really with the odd chuckle.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Watched it last night and all I can think is the Director said action and told Dwayne and Ryan to ad lib as much as they could without a script being in place.

Background noise type of film.

Yes very disappointing.
The ending twist was terrible and didn't make sense. Rock and Gal was a couple?? Really absurd.

This is quite funny. Lol

Last edited:
Associate
were they doing odd lens/cgi with Gal face. at times it looked like she was being shot up close with a super wide angle lens, warping her face odd ?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Genuinely enjoyed this.

Some stuff grated. The CG was occasionally very conspicuous. They clearly didn't know how they were going to end it when they started, so the finale just sort-of fatigued into 'eh'. But the good...
  • Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool playing Booth.
  • The dialogue between Ryan and Dwayne which was either mainly ad-libbed or some of the better 'writing for Ryan' work since Deadpool 2.
  • The Russian prison guard liking pictures of Putin on his smart phone
  • Gal Gadot, Gal Gadot's legs, and her (IMO) genuinely funny turn when she has that guy tied to a chair in his office and uses him as a sounding board for her issues.
  • Kübelwagens in the almost-climactic car chase.

Man of Honour
Overall it was OK but not great despite some stand out bits or genuinely funny moments like JRS mentioned and a reasonably executed though quite predictable turn towards the end.

The scaffolding scene was quite fun but the tone was a bit of a mix from there on through.

For the budget and talent it was a bit underwhelming but not a bad movie.

Soldato
Disappointing, as much as i like the actors. It was trying to be Fast and Furious, Indiana Jones, and a mashup of other genres and none of it clicked. Didn't really work me.

Caporegime
anything with the rock is guaranteed to be utter garbage, ryan reynolds is becoming increasingly everywhere as well

Atleast nicholas cage made some good movies before he started accepting any old crap.

When you think hollywood couldn't get more shallow it does. the gift of garbage that keeps on giving

Back
Top Bottom