Blue Yeti question

Associate
Hi,

Before i hit the Buy button on this microphone, please advise on this, you current owners.

I like to hear my own voice (monitor/sidetone) when talking into a microphone and using a headset, with no lag. And of course, I still need to hear the PC sound too.

Do I get this if I plug my headset into the Yeti monitor jack? Or would I only year my own voice? I'm trying to understand how to have a high quality microphone, headset, game sound and monitoring all working together. The built-in Windows function adds delay/lag so that's not an option.

Thanks!

Soldato
Yes, you hear both PC and mic audio through the headphone jack on the mic.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I thought the mic out was only to hear your own microphone input back? I presumed it was so you could hear your own voice, to make sure the levels were not being cut off for example?

Soldato
I'm not saying your wrong, but I thought the mic out was only to hear your own microphone input back? I presumed it was so you could hear your own voice, to make sure the levels were not being cut off for example?

Usually yes, but under Windows you can select it as a sound output. I can have a quick test again with it when I get back from work to confirm.

Soldato
Usually yes, but under Windows you can select it as a sound output. I can have a quick test again with it when I get back from work to confirm.

Yes your correct, sometimes i've connected a Blue Yeti mic and the sound output has defaulted to it - I never understood why this happened, however if it has the ability to play computer sound into the headphone output, then this makes sense.

Associate
OP
Thanks! With this advice I looked further and what I found (user manuals online) correlates with this.

I ended up buying the HyperX Quadcast today, because of favourable reviews and a decent current price deal. It also has a monitor jack which I'll use in the same way. My next task is to find a way to neatly attach a boom arm to the wall for it,

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update; the monitor capability of the Hyper-X quadcast (received today) is *not* zsro latency. It is slight, but still noticable.

I had the excellent 'Sound BlasterX H6' headset and the mic monitoring in that really was zero-latency, so I know how good it can be when done right.

Back
Top Bottom