Connecting Grohe wall hung frame to soil pipe/waste

Soldato
I'm having difficulties figuring out how I can connect the grohe wall hung frame waste to my existing soil pipe/waste. The grohe frame clamps the waste in place which allows you to alter the angle or have it go straight down. Once the toilet is on the wall the toilet slides on to this waste pipe via an adapter. I have the frame in roughly the correct position at the right height for the wall hung toilet but I cannot find a solution to connect the 2 together.

The 135 degree bend I have is at the wrong angle for the height (the toilet would end up being 50cm+ off the floor), the 90 degree bend is too bulky as is the flexible mechanical bend (https://www.toolstation.com/adjustable-bend-0-900/p57275?searchstr=soil adjustable). I've seen there are adjustable soil pipes but again it's too bulky for the space (https://www.toolstation.com/magicflex-male-to-female-soil-pipe/p60727).

0dXV9KR.jpg

Gpq8psE.jpg

PyZu6NB.jpg

Any thoughts on how I can align the pipes? The 2nd picture shows the grohe waste pipe which clips in to the frame and I'm about 80-100mm out vertically.

Soldato
Modify the soil stack? There isn't any magical cure here unfortunately. Luckily it looks like you have loads of pipe to play with?

Soldato
OP
Modify the soil stack? There isn't any magical cure here unfortunately. Luckily it looks like you have loads of pipe to play with?

I think I'll start with cutting down the grohe pipe as I can replace that easier than I can the soil pipe. I'll cut down the grohe pipe as short as I can get it then see how much I'll need to take off the soil stack pipe. I'll have to accept that the toilet may be slightly higher than I had hoped for but it should be 50mm max (hopefully!).

Soldato
Honestly I am in a very similar situation except mine is constrained by distance to the wall - which means I need to move the toilet away from the wall. Slightly higher I could live with! :p

Edit: If you're local, and due to the problem I had outlined above, I have about every variation of fitting you can get from Screwfix/Toolstation - you're welcome to them :cry:

OLLECT TODAY
  • 1 x McAlpine WC-F18R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 110mm (6458P)£23.99
  • 1 x McAlpine MACFIT MAC-4 WC 20mm Offset Pan Connector White 90-112mm (36108)£5.8
    • 1 x McAlpine MAC-EXTA Pan Connector Straight Extension Piece White 110mm (98788)£5.45
    • 1 x McAlpine MACFIT MAC-1 WC Straight Pan Connector White 90-112mm (78806)£6.03
    + a load in my Amazon basket.
The offset adaptor could be what you need?

Soldato
OP
Honestly I am in a very similar situation except mine is constrained by distance to the wall - which means I need to move the toilet away from the wall. Slightly higher I could live with! :p

Edit: If you're local, and due to the problem I had outlined above, I have about every variation of fitting you can get from Screwfix/Toolstation - you're welcome to them :cry:

OLLECT TODAY
  • 1 x McAlpine WC-F18R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 110mm (6458P)£23.99
  • 1 x McAlpine MACFIT MAC-4 WC 20mm Offset Pan Connector White 90-112mm (36108)£5.8
    • 1 x McAlpine MAC-EXTA Pan Connector Straight Extension Piece White 110mm (98788)£5.45
    • 1 x McAlpine MACFIT MAC-1 WC Straight Pan Connector White 90-112mm (78806)£6.03
    + a load in my Amazon basket.
The offset adaptor could be what you need?

Haha thanks for the offer but I'm in a similar position too, have a few things to return myself.

I made some progress but cutting down the grohe pipe to as small as it will go. The vertical height is about 50mm higher than I would have liked but it's the best I can do. I now need to figure out the horizontal alignment. It's a very small and narrow cloakroom toilet so putting it in the middle won't work as it will be too close to the sink. I don't think this position is too far off. If I can get away with it I'll leave it so I don't need to alter the soil pipe. Guess I'll find out if/when the toilet ever arrives!

LKEmLGH.jpg

Caporegime
@Adam Did you sort this? I have exactly the same issue and have spent about £30 today at Screwfix on various connectors to try and sort it.

I can't really modify my soil stack as it disappears into a concrete floor just below the solvent weld connector, and my Grohe wh frame makes the waste too high for the soil pipe, which was previously connected to an ancient floor-mounted toilet.

Soldato
OP
@Adam Did you sort this? I have exactly the same issue and have spent about £30 today at Screwfix on various connectors to try and sort it.

I can't really modify my soil stack as it disappears into a concrete floor just below the solvent weld connector, and my Grohe wh frame makes the waste too high for the soil pipe, which was previously connected to an ancient floor-mounted toilet.

After I figured the angles out the game changer for me was buying a “GROHE 42766000 Chrome Rapid SL 3 Inch Distance Pipe for Rapid SL Frames”

Caporegime
After I figured the angles out the game changer for me was buying a “GROHE 42766000 Chrome Rapid SL 3 Inch Distance Pipe for Rapid SL Frames”
Thanks, I fixed it today with a brown 15 degree FloPlast 110mm connector from Screwfix.

Big relief as I had visions of having to rip out the frame, reconfigure the soil stack, etc.

I definitely failed to plan the waste sufficiently, hardest part about the job so far.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I fixed it today with a brown 15 degree FloPlast 110mm connector from Screwfix.

Big relief as I had visions of having to rip out the frame, reconfigure the soil stack, etc.

I definitely failed to plan the waste sufficiently, hardest part about the job so far.

A little tip for you. Make sure when you chamfer the edges they are completely smooth or you’ll get blockages as the toilet paper catches on them. The flushing wasn’t perfect a couple of weeks ago but seems to have cleared now. I can only assume it was due to that.

Caporegime
A little tip for you. Make sure when you chamfer the edges they are completely smooth or you’ll get blockages as the toilet paper catches on them. The flushing wasn’t perfect a couple of weeks ago but seems to have cleared now. I can only assume it was due to that.
Cool thanks I'll make sure of that.

Another thing I noticed was that the Grohe 90mm to 110mm push-fit adapter has lugs that stick out that look like they'd definitely catch debris unless they were aligned horizontally.

I'm tiling all this in so going to test it extensively before I do that as there's going to be lots of push fit behind the wall.

Soldato
I would have modified the soil stack pipe as suggested already. It's easy to cut out and solvent weld on new bits. You might have had to chisel a bit of floor away around the base but nothing major.

Back
Top Bottom