Mechanical Keyboard recommendations

Associate
Hi Guys,

Planning to replace my 2016 Corsair K70 Lux Cherry MX Brown for something else.

I am looking at 3 sizes, compact, short and full. Would appreciate any recommendations for each.

RGB not needed. Price up to £200. Switches: Brown.

Thanks!

Soldato
What areas you would like to change, or do you want exactly similar behaving keyboard?

For example if you would like lower noise and don't need full height bulk, Logitech G815 (tactile) would improve that.

Soldato
Been using the Logitech G915 TKL Brown Switch for a few weeks now.
It's expensive but the low profile nature is very nice to type on and nice to not have a thick wire in the way. Upgraded from a old and trusted K70.
Got mine brand new from ********** for £135.00

IMG-20210525-130018.jpg

IMG-20210525-130118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Keep away from Roccat, mine has got worse, put a ticket in 6 months ago in warrenty and completely ignored, I think it is software. it was only the letter h at the time. but now the a is on the blink. It is going to go in the bin. when my steel series arrives. it took me 5 attemps to write this.

Associate
I have a Logitech G513 which is ok but I keep smacking my mouse off it so I've pre-ordered a Keychron Q1 75%. I'll stick up a review when it arrives. Hoping this doesn't drag me down the diy keyboard rabbit hole!

Associate
Been using HyperX Alloy Elite (although think they are reds and not brown switches) for the last year or so. Had a Steelseries 7G before that. Was interested in the Apex Pro before buying the HyperX.

Last edited:
Associate
My K70 RBG Mk.2 has everything I want: media controls, silent(ish) mechanical keys, a windows lock key, numpad and a big volume control roller. RGB can be turned off, but I guess you're still paying for it.

Soldato
I use a Corsair K70 TKL Champion Series keyboard, and as philo said, it has everything on this model too (apart from the numpad), and its great to use, and very good quality.

Associate
Drop CTRL (tkl) or ALT (60%) barebones or GMMK TKL or Pro (75%) with whatever switches you want (hot swappable).

Great boards with lots of longevity to change as you wish. Great build quality too, depends whether you want something you can mod versus something just off the shelf.

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom