• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Soldato
But Cyberpunk at 4K Raytracing doesn't hit 30fps? And it looks better in my opinion than some of the games you mention, The Ascent, Assassins Creed and Metro all look pretty similar and average too on that metric. Metro only gets 4k 60fps with DLSS on as well as example. Should they be aiming for 4k 60fps probably but then half the other games you mention can't do that either?

In terms of the reflections I didn't see anything specifically that stood at as not looking good but I am only on a HDR 3440x1440p monitor hey. Yes it a Ubi game that are always slightly under performance with their engine compared to others but you are not talking about the other games offering 4k 60fps either.

Soldato
OP
"unoptimized hurrr durrr" cries already started from pc premium folks, no surprise hehehe

you will feel the "wrath" of nextgen "optimizations" up in your somewhere when the ps5/xbox destroys and decimates your 1300+ dollar systems with locked smooth solid high framerates in 2-3 years

oh you will cry and spent another 1500 dollar hoping that it would somehow punch 1.5x perf above a ps5 or series x, 2 years past, another 1300 dollar. keep chasing, kids. somewhere u will reach them. or just use the good old tactic of "they use low settings hurrr durrr one less npc in this frame hurrr durrr"

Are you ok? Sounds like you may have something stuck in the backside

Caporegime
But Cyberpunk at 4K Raytracing doesn't hit 30fps? And it looks better in my opinion than some of the games you mention, The Ascent, Assassins Creed and Metro all look pretty similar and average too on that metric. Metro only gets 4k 60fps with DLSS on as well as example. Should they be aiming for 4k 60fps probably but then half the other games you mention can't do that either?

In terms of the reflections I didn't see anything specifically that stood at as not looking good but I am only on a HDR 3440x1440p monitor hey. Yes it a Ubi game that are always slightly under performance with their engine compared to others but you are not talking about the other games offering 4k 60fps either.

Re-read my posts again, I don't have any issue with the 4k@30 if a game is visually pushing it, either through normal graphical stuff or/and pushing ray tracing. The likes of cyberpunk look better and have far more going on, ray traced shadows, reflections, lighting etc. etc. AND they are around 30/40 fps at 4k where as far cry doesn't look as good, doesn't have as much going (obviously can't say for sure given just a trailer but areas/streets looked extremely empty...), doesn't have as many ray tracing effects yet it's still only targeting 4k@30.

It will be interesting to see the ray tracing fps hit too, given it's amd sponsored and going by other amd ray traced sponsored titles, I suspect we won't see too much of a hit from ray tracing given they have to reduce the effects etc. so that makes me question it even more, why exactly is a 3080/6800xt only able to do 4k@30....

Also, metro is incredibly well optimised with ray tracing, even without dlss, the 3080 can hit 60 fps at 4k, the only thing that lets that game down somewhat is the textures, no surprise though given the age of the game and that wasn't done as part of the "enhanced" version.

RDR 2 and AC origins/odyssey also hit 4k with ultra/max settings 4k@60 just fine, obviously no ray tracing but still up there as the best looking games.

Soldato
Re-read my posts again, I don't have any issue with the 4k@30 if a game is visually pushing it, either through normal graphical stuff or/and pushing ray tracing. The likes of cyberpunk look better and have far more going on, ray traced shadows, reflections, lighting etc. etc. AND they are around 30/40 fps at 4k where as far cry doesn't look as good, doesn't have as much going (obviously can't say for sure given just a trailer but areas/streets looked extremely empty...), doesn't have as many ray tracing effects yet it's still only targeting 4k@30.

It will be interesting to see the ray tracing fps hit too, given it's amd sponsored and going by other amd ray traced sponsored titles, I suspect we won't see too much of a hit from ray tracing given they have to reduce the effects etc. so that makes me question it even more, why exactly is a 3080/6800xt only able to do 4k@30....

Also, metro is incredibly well optimised with ray tracing, even without dlss, the 3080 can hit 60 fps at 4k, the only thing that lets that game down somewhat is the textures, no surprise though given the age of the game and that wasn't done as part of the "enhanced" version.

RDR 2 and AC origins/odyssey also hit 4k with ultra/max settings 4k@60 just fine, obviously no ray tracing but still up there as the best looking games.

Tbh I actually thought apart from the character models cyberpunk isnt that good looking.

If you look close enough you see a lot of pixelated distortion low resolution draw distance and vehicle pops in all over the place.

Cyberpunk isn't groundbreaking like it should have been its very standard by today's standards.

Permabanned
I thought the kids were suppose to be back to school this week? Guess not.

If you watch that gameplay and think that it is a patch on cyberpunk, metro, RDR 2, assassins creed, SWBF 2, fallen order, the ascent etc. etc. visuals and is worthy of only being able to run 4k@30fps on a 6800xt/3080 then you need your eyes tested especially when this is only using ray tracing shadows (no surprise given AMD sponsored though), not even ray traced reflections?!

I did say some time ago that AMD would hold back PC gaming...

Caporegime
Tbh I actually thought apart from the character models cyberpunk isnt that good looking.

If you look close enough you see a lot of pixelated distortion low resolution draw distance and vehicle pops in all over the place.

Cyberpunk isn't groundbreaking like it should have been its very standard by today's standards.

But its an rtx showcase in some areas so highly regarded by some, despite the fact it never came close to living up to the hype it had.

Soldato

1. Cyberpunk isn't doing all that at 4K 30 with a "mere" 3080. In fact it's <20 fps and that's without even going to Psycho for that RTGI. (https://youtu.be/XE9KIP19vMU?t=117)
2. Far Cry and Cyberpunk have VERY different scenes to render, just go to the gardens in the city in Cyberpunk and see your framerate instantly halve.
3. Far Cry 6 is obviously foliage heavy, so you do the math on what that would actually look like if they'd try to push it like Cyberpunk.

In fact the only ones approaching anything near doing what you're saying you want are the Massive guys doing Avatar, but that's next-gen only & still very much WIP. https://twitter.com/nhstefanov/status/1404145045914202116

Caporegime
1. Cyberpunk isn't doing all that at 4K 30 with a "mere" 3080. In fact it's <20 fps and that's without even going to Psycho for that RTGI. (https://youtu.be/XE9KIP19vMU?t=117)
2. Far Cry and Cyberpunk have VERY different scenes to render, just go to the gardens in the city in Cyberpunk and see your framerate instantly halve.
3. Far Cry 6 is obviously foliage heavy, so you do the math on what that would actually look like if they'd try to push it like Cyberpunk.

In fact the only ones approaching anything near doing what you're saying you want are the Massive guys doing Avatar, but that's next-gen only & still very much WIP. https://twitter.com/nhstefanov/status/1404145045914202116

Find a video that isn't using an out of date version of the game..... Performance has improved quite a bit since Dec. And yup max as in psycho setting does kill perf., however, the lower settings for this one setting doesn't, basically that setting is meant for future gen. tech. There are a couple of settings that can be dropped such as volumetric cloud too, better to have future like settings present and the choice to adjust them than not to give the choice.

As always, I go by the "overall" end results, the likes of cyberpunk has far more going on than what we have seen of FC 6 so far:

- better character details (multiply this by how many npcs/models are in any given scene)
- far more dense/packed town, sure NPCs AI might not be skynet level.... but we have yet to see more than a handful of npcs in one area of FC 6 so far....
- depending on the scene, arguably better textures
- better lighting
- better shadows
- hard to say atm, but the particle effects look better in CP
- better higher res. reflections (factor in the sheer amount of reflections happening in any given scene too)

Just to name a few areas.

Sure in terms of a jungle area, FC 6 defo. does better than CP (as you would expect given the difference in the type of game and what they are targeting) but then again, far cry new dawn looks pretty damn good when in a forest/jungle like area and similar to what we have seen in FC 6 yet new dawn runs great at 4k.

Agree to disagree.

Given that any video/guide you see based on graphics overall, there is a reason cyberpunk is one of the top, if not the top for the majority of people.

With regards to draw distance, could say this for most games tbh, assassins creed in particular, the other day was in the middle of mountains and it looked awful, like ps 3 textures in the distance but when in a dense town up close etc., it looked fantastic, most games draw distance is pretty poor unless they are games, which have nothing in them i.e. a ghost town with no attention to detail.

Will agree that it came nowhere close to what was shown or the hype generated by CDPR fanboys but that was peoples own fault, time and time again, we have seen loads of e3 footage of various games by various publishers/developers which have always got downgraded.

Yes and his partner in crime. Not talking about Grim either, surprisingly.

The ignore feature has newfound value.

Shock horror, people don't like the truth or they can't post anything to back up their thoughts so they use ignore instead :cry:

Sorry forgot..... GODFALLLLLLLLLLLL!

Mind boggling how people can't seem to grasp the point that there is nothing wrong when just looking/judging FC 6's visuals "only", but when you look at the visuals AND the perf. to be expected for said "overall" visuals and the lack of ray tracing effects etc., that is when you have a problem, well not really a "problem", more just an "observation".

Maybe this is what some of us expected with the likes of FSR/DLSS i.e. developers wouldn't put in the same effort to optimise as likes of FSR will double or more the FPS....

Time will tell once it's out though, looking forward to seeing the benchmarks of ray tracing on and off as well as some image comparisons and also looking forward to seeing the whole "vram debate" to start all over again only to possibly end up being a wet fart once again :D

Associate
The psychological horror game The Medium now supports FSR on PC.
https://twitter.com/TheMediumGame/status/1433817617144369157
E-Xxb42X0AMDXMI

Soldato
Yeah, I was surprised by number 5. The Farcry series are games I buy and never finish haaa before 5 only finished the first game. Its funny because a lot of people rate number 2 highly I found it boring.

Number 2 single player I found very dull however, played a lot of multiplayer with an old friend and it remains one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.. so much fun on the custom maps, sticking explosive to vehicles and blow them up when people tried to take them.

Caporegime
The psychological horror game The Medium now supports FSR on PC.
https://twitter.com/TheMediumGame/status/1433817617144369157
E-Xxb42X0AMDXMI
Good find, NinaCool. I just downloaded this as managed to get a free key a while back.

I've taken some screenshots for comparisons. Early impressions are Ray Tracing is a big fat nothing burger as usual.

However, FSR does a pretty decent job in the side by sides from what I can see with very little change in image quality but big gains in FPS.

That said, I'll still be using use native though thanks to 6900 XT muscle. :)

6900 XT
4K Max Settings

Native Vs FSR UQ (no Ray Tracing)
The Medium - Native VS FSR UQ RT Off - Imgsli

FSR UQ (100% sharp) + RT Ultra Vs FSR UQ (50% sharp) + RT Ultra
The Medium - FSR UQ (100% sharp) + RT Ultra Vs FSR UQ (50% sharp) + RT Ultra Comparison - Imgsli

FSR UQ (50% sharp) + RT Ultra Vs FSR Q + RT Ultra
The Medium - FSR UQ (50% sharp) + RT Ultra Vs FSR Q + RT Ultra Comparison - Imgsli

And a comparison to native.

Native + RT Ultra Vs FSR UQ (50% sharp) + RT Ultra
The Medium - Native + RT Ultra Vs FSR UQ + RT Ultra - Imgsli

Last edited:
Associate
What's up ?
The FSR looks good in your 1st & 3rd link but bad in the 2nd. Are you sure you didn't mix up the FSR Ultra Quality & Quality screenshots with the RT on ?

Caporegime
What's up ?
The FSR looks good in your 1st & 3rd link but bad in the 2nd. Are you sure you didn't mix up the FSR Ultra Quality & Quality screenshots with the RT on ?
On my phone now so can’t really view the screenshots but the FPS should be highest with FSR at quality unless I mixed in my screenshots. I’ll check tomorrow when I’m back at the PC.

Soldato
OP
Find a video that isn't using an out of date version of the game..... Performance has improved quite a bit since Dec. And yup max as in psycho setting does kill perf., however, the lower settings for this one setting doesn't, basically that setting is meant for future gen. tech. There are a couple of settings that can be dropped such as volumetric cloud too, better to have future like settings present and the choice to adjust them than not to give the choice.

As always, I go by the "overall" end results, the likes of cyberpunk has far more going on than what we have seen of FC 6 so far:

- better character details (multiply this by how many npcs/models are in any given scene)
- far more dense/packed town, sure NPCs AI might not be skynet level.... but we have yet to see more than a handful of npcs in one area of FC 6 so far....
- depending on the scene, arguably better textures
- better lighting
- better shadows
- hard to say atm, but the particle effects look better in CP
- better higher res. reflections (factor in the sheer amount of reflections happening in any given scene too)

Just to name a few areas.

Sure in terms of a jungle area, FC 6 defo. does better than CP (as you would expect given the difference in the type of game and what they are targeting) but then again, far cry new dawn looks pretty damn good when in a forest/jungle like area and similar to what we have seen in FC 6 yet new dawn runs great at 4k.

Agree to disagree.

Given that any video/guide you see based on graphics overall, there is a reason cyberpunk is one of the top, if not the top for the majority of people.

With regards to draw distance, could say this for most games tbh, assassins creed in particular, the other day was in the middle of mountains and it looked awful, like ps 3 textures in the distance but when in a dense town up close etc., it looked fantastic, most games draw distance is pretty poor unless they are games, which have nothing in them i.e. a ghost town with no attention to detail.

Will agree that it came nowhere close to what was shown or the hype generated by CDPR fanboys but that was peoples own fault, time and time again, we have seen loads of e3 footage of various games by various publishers/developers which have always got downgraded.

Shock horror, people don't like the truth or they can't post anything to back up their thoughts so they use ignore instead :cry:

Sorry forgot..... GODFALLLLLLLLLLLL!

Mind boggling how people can't seem to grasp the point that there is nothing wrong when just looking/judging FC 6's visuals "only", but when you look at the visuals AND the perf. to be expected for said "overall" visuals and the lack of ray tracing effects etc., that is when you have a problem, well not really a "problem", more just an "observation".

Maybe this is what some of us expected with the likes of FSR/DLSS i.e. developers wouldn't put in the same effort to optimise as likes of FSR will double or more the FPS....

Time will tell once it's out though, looking forward to seeing the benchmarks of ray tracing on and off as well as some image comparisons and also looking forward to seeing the whole "vram debate" to start all over again only to possibly end up being a wet fart once again :D

I suspect this is where AAA PC gaming - developers target 30fps and if you want 60fps you can turn on FSR/DLSS/XeSS

Soldato
OP
Good find, NinaCool. I just downloaded this as managed to get a free key a while back.

I've taken some screenshots for comparisons. Early impressions are Ray Tracing is a big fat nothing burger as usual.

However, FSR does a pretty decent job in the side by sides from what I can see with very little change in image quality but big gains in FPS.

That said, I'll still be using use native though thanks to 6900 XT muscle. :)

6900 XT
4K Max Settings

Native Vs FSR UQ (no Ray Tracing)

Native + RT Ultra Vs FSR Ultra Quality + Ray Tracing Ultra

Native + RT Ultra Vs FSR Quality + Ray Tracing Ultra
The Medium - Native + RT Ultra Vs FSR Q + RT Ultra Comparison - Imgsli

I think we're at the stage now where everyone accepts that still images are useless for comparing native/fsr/dlss/XeSS

please post video comparing the two with the camera panning

Back
Top Bottom