• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth upgrading from RTX 3070 FE to an MSI RTX 3070 TI (apparently £529, but 0 stock)?

Soldato
I could sell my RTX 3070 to CEX for cash and actually make a profit.

The MSI RTX 3070 TI is apparently priced at £529, but it's currently out of stock.

Is it worth trying to upgrade the RTX 3070 TI, if I can actually buy it at that price? Last time I looked, the performance difference was only about 7%. Still, should be ahead of the RTX 2080 TI.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a reason why supermarkets don't do special offers with 7% extra free. Its not noticeable.

7% is as small as it sounds. It's not computer jargon for twice as fast.

Last edited:
Soldato
I could sell my RTX 3070 to CEX for cash and actually make a profit.

The MSI RTX 3070 TI is apparently priced at £529, but it's currently out of stock.

Is it worth trying to upgrade the RTX 3070 TI, if I can actually buy it at that price? Last time I looked, the performance difference was only about 7%. Still, should be ahead of the RTX 2080 TI.
Not sure its worth the bother?

Soldato
OP
You missed a drop of FE cards this morning.
I expect I will miss many more. I don't consider buying an FE an option anymore (for this generation). Nvidia doesn't want people buying multiple FEs (I think, with good reason), I just don't think it's worth the effort to get around this restriction.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone here actually managed to get a RTX 3070 TI (non founders edition) for this kind of price?

It's only appealing to me at this kind of price really, I think it would be worth more (perhaps a couple hundred more) when I come to resell the card and upgrade again.

A friend of a friend managed to get a Founders Edition 3070 TI (in the US) by queuing all night for one, I probably wouldn't go that far...

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone here actually managed to get a RTX 3070 TI (non founders edition) for this kind of price?

It's only appealing to me at this kind of price really, I think it would be worth more (perhaps a couple hundred more) when I come to resell the card and upgrade again.

A friend of a friend managed to get a Founders Edition 3070 TI (in the US) by queuing all night for one, I probably wouldn't go that far...

There was one shop selling msi x3 fan 3070ti for £529 about a month ago(the only one I have ever seen at 529), realistically those days are long gone now, as for resale the only cards selling for a good chunk of money are the fe's or the top end overpriced rrp cards in the first place anyway.

Associate
It's really not worth it this generation.

The only worth while leap between vanilla and Ti this time round is the 3060's.

Soldato
OP
It might just be that in 2022, Nvidia just does a refresh / Super versions of RTX 3000 series cards (probably 5nm based). They might be why the TIs seem a bit lacklustre.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the 3070 Ti FE because it was what i could get on the day at 529.99.

But if they were actually all in stock then a 3070 or 3080 are better choices.

3080 ti and 3090 are the real rip-offs in the line up

Soldato
OP
I can sell the RTX 3070 FE for £600 apparently. If I can swap it for a new RTX 3070 TI for £530, I think it would be worth it, but I'd need some help with actually being able to buy one at that price, like some advice about which telegram channel to use(or other app) to track the stock.

I think it's basically the best card you can buy, at or near RRP, without being very lucky and landing a FE, many of the higher end cards aren't even listed on some websites.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's really not worth it this generation.

The only worth while leap between vanilla and Ti this time round is the 3060's.
Yeah my 3060Ti Gigabyte card was tad under £380, it'll make a decent spare when I need to sell my 3080 before the 4000 series.

The other Ti cards are not really worth the price, even the 3080Ti which is unusual.

Soldato
Why not sell on eBay? I just sold my 980Ti I've had lying around for £225, I think CEX would have only given about 130 for it.
Looks like CEX are upping their purchase prices again. They’re now paying £650 cash for a 3070 which might be worth it for some as it could be a lot less hassle than eBay or FB marketplace.

Associate
If you are trying to catch those offers at 529.00 you would have to be very very lucky. it would be easier to wait for Gibbo to put up some graphic card offers you get advanced warning on here and he builds up plenty of stock so you have a chance to order one where those other Web shop deals are gone in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom