Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
That's because Sony don't make the adaptor for the Canon lenses, it's not in their interest to. Canon however has all the blueprints so they don't need to reverse engineer hence it works like native and with mirrorless you don't need to micro adjust hence it will improves pretty much everything. The downside though it is so good, it will expose the optical shortcomings of older EF lenses. The R5 being such a high pixel monster it is quite revealing when it does so.

The other thing to take into consideration as you are switching mount, as I have done a few years ago, is the cost of the new lenses and accessories. The new Canon Speedlite for the RF mount is £1200, yes, £1200. The 600 EX-RT was expensive enough at £600 but this EL-1 is £1200!!!

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/speedlite-flash-el-1/

What Canon has so far is AMAZING AF, they always had great Dual Pixel so this is basically now that on steroids, their lenses are also excellent (although rather large compared to the competition), their ergonomics are also what I prefer. Their menu system works as you expect, Sony menu SUCKS. The LCD is also fantastic on the Canon, touchscreen too….Sony I am looking at you.

However, in the long run, RF lenses are not cheap, just take a look and see whether you want to go down that route as it will be the future if you get the R5. You could continue to adapt the lenses but eventually upgrading to native is on the cards, at least for your most used lenses.

And yes, the 35 RF isn't out yet, it's probably next as the 85 and 50 L are both out. I suspect that will be about £3k when it's out as well, the Sony 35GM is half that price at £1500.

In the end though, they are all excellent, I would go back to Canon but the cost of it is just too prohibitive for a full set of primes.

edit - correction, £1300 for the new Speedlite.

https://www.parkcameras.com/shop/canon-speedlite-el-1-flash-gun_1350141c

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
A Proxxon WP/A cordless mini rotary polisher. For getting into those tight spaces on cars where 3" - 6" pads are too big.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato

V F

V F

Soldato
Can’t remember if posted but also purchased an old Corvette Pace Car earlier in year: :)

1EE5DC39-D60C-4905-A409-E5712CF64426.jpeg

It’s old and not crazy fast but it sound epic and is just a unique experience to drive. Even had the police pull alongside few days ago giving a thumbs up and revving their Diesel engine so once the lights hit amber I did a full Santa Pod style launch was hilarious. :)

The first thing I thought once saw it.

Associate
I need to know how this is!

Dr has asked me to go alcohol free and caffeine free at the same time so any half decent options will be valuable. Normally a black coffee and Guinness drinker (not usually at the same time)

Will update a bit later.

I tend to enjoy being able to have an alcohol free beverage either during the week, or before the kids are thrown into bed so have been through a lot of the standard supermarket finds...

Most are a bit wheaty, so if (like me) you dislike that then you're out of luck.

But, the ones I've found to be good beer flavoury options are:

Nanny State
Punk AF
Hazy AF
Ghost Ship
Becks Blue

And if you're feeling fruity then the Kopperberg strawberry and lime cider is very refreshing and tasty.

Back
Top Bottom